Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! We've been on the 'Top Companies to Work for in OC' 4 years running (2014/2015/2016/2017) and have built an awesome company culture. Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two, top five, and top ten lists for most popular games (Solitaire, BlackJack, and more). We recently reached over 350 million downloads!
What's The Gig
Do you enjoy puzzles? Does identifying the single source of truth in data appeal to you? If so, we’d love for you to join our Business Intelligence team to uncover ‘the truth and the trends’ in data. This person will play a key role in leveraging accurate data that will be used to report-out to multiple departments, including the executive level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Synthesize complex and/or diverse information through the collection and research of data sets, drawing on your experience to implement creative solutions and enhance workflows
- Create connectivity between systems, build automated workflows and data checks for continuous system improvements and high standards of accuracy
- Ensure integrity of all systems within the BI department and partner with teams who’s systems directly affect the performance of the BI systems (e.g., IT, Engineering, etc)
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, keen attention to detail and a bias for achieving and promoting quality
- Database administration - install, configure, upgrade and migrate existing databases. Set up highly available architecture. Automate various DBA tasks
- Create and manage consistent data structures across multiple data environments
- Optimize database performance by index creation and tuning
- Support game updates; monitor the database for integrity and solve outstanding issues
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop data analysis and reports (e.g. user data, financial data, etc.)
- Initiate and lead projects from start to finish using sound project management skills
- Create diverse API calls across multiple platforms/languages
- Identify emerging Database technologies that can be assimilated and integrated to meet business objectives
- Develop data cubes and trend company KPIs
- Mine data for outliers and anomalies
- Contribute to best practices and effective Data Governance
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests in a timely manner and meets commitments
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-7 years minimum MS SQL Server (T-SQL equivalent) Administration
- Exposure to SQL 2014/2016
- Intermediate python skill set required, advanced python skills preferred
- Proven conceptual design experience with database warehouse and build out
- MS SQL Database Administration exposure (able to backup, restore, troubleshoot performance issues)
- Work with high traffic, high volume databases
- Data integrity, blocking, deadlocking, replication, backup, security
- Strong project management skills to plan, prioritize and track project progress
- Experience with API creation, digestion, and validation
- HA, Failover and clustering
- SQL code; SSRS, SSIS, SSAS experience -- able to build, from scratch, SSIS/SSRS packages, as well as troubleshoot existing packages
- Tableau experience required
- Experience with NoSQL and cloud databases are a plus.
- Exposure and basic understanding of Snowflake
Why you should work for us:
- Freaking amazing culture - we do what we say we are going to do, we're honest, we're nice, we're crazy smart, and we love to have a good time and all of this is true at every level of the organization.
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free yearly company trip
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us for the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN/UNLIMMITED PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
WHO WE ARE Hi there, nice to meet you! We are MobilityWare! Our mission is simple: we focus on creating fun and engaging experiences that unleash the gamer in everyone. We have an awesome culture of innovation, collaboration, and fun. Located in Irvine, California, we have won "Orange County's Best Places to Work" by both the OC Business Journal and OC Register for the past 2 years in a row. Our top-ranked free-to-play casual card games, such as Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Blackjack, FreeCell, and TriPeaks Solitaire, are consistently ranked at the top of their category on the iOS™, Android™ and Amazon™ mobile platforms. While we have been around since the dawn of the App Store, we are continuing to expand our successful portfolio with new games that delight our players. HOW IT ALL BEGAN Once upon a time, 25 years ago to be exact, Dave Yonamine and John Libby founded Upstanding, a communication software company that integrated mainframe computer systems. While the software was highly successful, innovation was in the company’s DNA and they knew they could pivot to the next frontier. So when the App Store launched in July 2008 MobilityWare had a slew of games ready to go on Day One, including Blackjack and you guessed it, Solitaire! The rest is history!
Want to learn more about MobilityWare? Visit MobilityWare's website.
Jobs You May Like
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Manager, Operational Finance
DoorDash, San Francisco
International Accounting Controller
Eventbrite, Cork, Ireland
Prodigy Game, Burlington, Ontario
Health & Fitness Director
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Finance Data Operations Intern
Flexport, Shenzhen, CN