Principal Software Engineer - Full-stack
Moda Operandi, Chicago / Headquarters NYC
The global destination for luxury fashion
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints
- Experience with React or Angular 2, Node.js, Webpack, Jest, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX
- Understanding of microservice encapsulation, scalability, and instrumentation
- An API-first mindset
- A commitment to strongly-tested CI/CD workflows
- Experience with languages on the JVM, AWS, containerized deployments
- A desire to use the right tool for the job
- Opinions on GraphQL
- A strong focus on the end-user experience
You’ll get to
- Build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions while also being pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality that can scale to a large user base
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (code reviews, testing, lighting talks, etc)
- Develop and implement distributed systems using best practices and tools - including documentation and evangelism
- Work closely with other teams (business partners, Product, and UX) to drive product development
- Own everything from development through to production, including AWS assets
- Lead discussions and contribute to technical architecture decisions
- Mentor more junior engineers
About the Engineering team
The retail space is one of the most rapidly changing industries today, and Moda stays at the forefront of those moves because of its innovative engineering team. They’re working on some of the biggest advances in tech right now: artificial intelligence, big data analysis, machine learning, and customized, innovative tools. The entire tech stack is built in-house, using the latest tools and frameworks.
Moda is a young startup with a dynamic culture, engineers at the company can have an oversized impact with their work – advancing not only Moda’s technology, but the retail industry as a whole. Engineers aren’t told how they should implement new features — Moda has created a great culture for self-driven experimentation, innovation, and fresh ideas.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established and emerging designers, straight from the runway and designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace and “Trunk Show” model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products and technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators and consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought and sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, and customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments and Condé Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology and data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, and increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an online luxury brand that offers clients to stay ahead of the latest in fashion and style. M'O lets customers preorder clothes from a designer seconds after they've debuted on the runway, and their seasonal boutique caters to the more impatient style maven.
With investors like LMVH and Condé Nast parent company Advance Publications, M'O has insider access like no other boutique, on or off-line. They've raised nearly $300 million to expand their operations internationally and better customize offerings for their customers.
Want to learn more about Moda Operandi? Visit Moda Operandi's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior QA Engineer (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Sr. Manager, Project Management Lead for Commercial Gene Therapy Products
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Senior .NET Developer
Software Engineer (Android)
Senior Backend Engineer - Data Pipelines
Senior Business Analyst (m/f/d)