Staff DevOps Engineer
Moda Operandi, Chicago / Headquarters NYC
The global destination for luxury fashion
- 6+ years of DevOps/infrastructure experience
- AWS experience
- Infrastructure-as-code as a primary directive
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with containers and container deployments
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Experience implementing and administering tools to increase developer observability (distributed logging, tracing, monitoring, alerting)
- Ability to code and script
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL; NoSQL experience a plus
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Collaboration, open communication and comfort reaching across functional borders
You’ll get to
- Work with our engineering team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications
- Help move our legacy systems out of Heroku and into an AWS environment using containers
- Automate deployment of container applications, system configurations and security settings
- Provide guidance and support during deployment and general production outages
- Introduce new technologies and related tools to grow our agile development environment
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Mentor more junior engineers
About the Engineering team
The retail space is one of the most rapidly changing industries today, and Moda stays at the forefront of those moves because of its innovative engineering team. They’re working on some of the biggest advances in tech right now: artificial intelligence, big data analysis, machine learning, and customized, innovative tools. The entire tech stack is built in-house, using the latest tools and frameworks.
Moda is a young startup with a dynamic culture, engineers at the company can have an oversized impact with their work – advancing not only Moda’s technology, but the retail industry as a whole. Engineers aren’t told how they should implement new features — Moda has created a great culture for self-driven experimentation, innovation, and fresh ideas.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established and emerging designers, straight from the runway and designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace and “Trunk Show” model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products and technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators and consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought and sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, and customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments and Condé Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology and data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, and increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an online luxury brand that offers clients to stay ahead of the latest in fashion and style. M'O lets customers preorder clothes from a designer seconds after they've debuted on the runway, and their seasonal boutique caters to the more impatient style maven.
With investors like LMVH and Condé Nast parent company Advance Publications, M'O has insider access like no other boutique, on or off-line. They've raised nearly $300 million to expand their operations internationally and better customize offerings for their customers.