Lead Product Manager - Supply Chain, Logistics and Backend Systems
ModCloth, Pittsburgh, PA
- Understand the current development processes and insert into an existing and functional product management organization.
- Take ownership of all existing digital products and solutions currently exploited within ModCloth to assist the ongoing operations related to merchandise, logistics and customer service.
- Work closely with senior management and particularly the head of operations and his staff to map out the process flow of all backend operations within the company.
- Collaborate with the head of customer-facing digital products as a peer and find the most optimal connection between our omnichannel commerce processes and the underlying backend.
- Gather, challenge, clarify and document business requirements coming from business stakeholders. Federate business input and break down strategy into actionable items.
- Define and design solutions and/or features that address those requirements to the complete satisfaction of an aligned senior management team.
- Engage in quarterly road mapping exercises with business stakeholders to identify enterprise’s strategic goals as well as the business problems, challenges and opportunities and come out of this exercise with a precise roadmap of projects and actions to engage.
- Update senior management on the progress on this roadmap on a monthly basis.
- Design the best digital products to address the roadmap challenges in accordance to timeframe and budget requirements.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders, the users and the build team and other development partners to implement business solutions and features. Act as the impulse by providing proper guidance, clear acceptance criteria and precisions to the team’s questions during implementation phases.
- Coordinate and manage the rollout and adoption of new or updated solutions and products including all the associated change management.
- Partner with existing and current vendors holding part of our technology stack and delivering services to many business stakeholders. Ensure relationships deliver optimal results and service level agreements are respected at all times.
- Set up monitoring and follow business and technology metrics relevant to each product and identify problems or potential optimization. Offer clear short and mid-term visibility on the evolution of these products.
- Gather feedback from the Run team on how products are operated, administered, serviced and used. Include in further revisions of those products proper technical user stories to facilitate maintenance and support and reduce maintenance and operations costs.
- Ensure resolution of any implementation issues that affect the design and overall experience of owned digital products.
- Report on Key business metrics secured, supported and/or delivered by digital products. Communicate on overall product performance and monitor perception and satisfaction.
- 5 years or more working on Backend operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in design, computer science, or a related discipline.
- Deep knowledge of process mapping
- Deep knowledge of project management using agile methodologies, mainly SCRUM.
- Experience around the design of website-based and mobile-based solutions
- Experience at leveraging on existing cloud-based solutions
- Experienced in operating within start-up environments as well as within larger organizations
- Talented as a sales person to conduct changes and enforce good practices within teams.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment.
- Expert level competence with a set software tools used to create architectures, process maps, workflows and presentations (Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Big plus if you have direct experience developing front or backend features that positively impacted SEO.
ModCloth is a leading online fashion and décor retailer specializing in unique styles from hundreds of independent designers in a full range of sizes. We offer a remarkable assortment that is sourced and styled in close collaboration with our passionate community of customers. We’re committed to inspiring personal style and helping our community of customers feel like the best version of themselves.
Want to learn more about ModCloth? Visit https://www.modcloth.com/
Jobs You May Like
Appboy, New York
IT Support Specialist
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack
TripAdvisor, Boston, MA
Technical Program Manager- QA Applications (Contract)
PlayStation, USA-CA-San Francisco / 258
Software Engineer – Hadoop
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany