At Mojio, we’re connecting the cars of today for the journeys of tomorrow. Backed by leading investors including Amazon and Deutsche Telekom, Mojio is driving the global adoption of its connected car technology via its growing portfolio of mobile network operator customers, including T-Mobile in the US, Austria and Czech Republic, Bell, Rogers and Telus in Canada, and Telekom Deutschland in Germany. With more than 7 billion miles worth of real-world driving data, we have created one of the largest and fastest-growing big data pools in the automotive industry. If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to give every vehicle a voice, apply now!
We are looking for a C# developer responsible for building our cloud-based platform, from APIs to Protocol Gateways to processing terabytes of vehicle telemetry a day. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Need a head for developing massively scalable code in distributed systems
- Translate Epics and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain our high focus on code quality, organization, and automation
Who You Are
- At least 3 + years industry experience in C#, with a good knowledge of the .NET ecosystem
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and how to write efficient scalable algorithms.
- Familiarity with Document Databases (such as DocumentDB, MongoDB) and exposure to Time-Series Databases would be an advantage
- Experience with Dependency Injection (IoC) and how to properly manage dependencies is essential.
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#, async/await and TPL
- Experience with popular web application frameworks, such as ASP.NET Owin, Identity Server
- Experience developing applications for the cloud (Azure, AWS, Google, etc)
- Understand fundamental design principles behind building long term scalable applications
Other job requirements:
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds, GC, etc.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Familiarity, if not intimate knowledge, with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Azure including Event Hubs, Stream Analytics, DocumentDB, Table/Blob Storage.
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem, including Spark, Hive and HDInsights
Our Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and options package
- Excellent benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Cell phone plan with access to the latest smartphones
- Team outings to have fun with the rest of the team
- Our kitchen is always stocked with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks
- Free Mojio for your car (obviously!)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
DRIVEN TOWARDS A MORE CONNECTED WORLD When people ask us, “What does Mojio mean?” we usually start by explaining that it didn’t mean much of anything when the founders chose the name in 2012. That was the whole point. An automotive revolution was brewing and we needed to put a name to the connected car, one that was as open as the road itself. One that was as much about the journey as it was the destination, one that represented the future of connectivity and growth. Mojio was born. Fast-forward and Mojio means so much more. We are the technological backbone for the rapidly growing connected car industry. A space forecasted to reach hundreds of millions of vehicles around the world by 2020. Now, Mojio isn’t just connecting cars to the Internet, we’re enabling a new automotive ecosystem, bringing together players of all shapes, sizes and forms. Mojio is the key to connecting them all. This is what drives us. Mojio unlocks hidden data from nearly any vehicle Now what does this mean for the industries we service? For wireless carriers, it means that the connected car is like the new smartphone. For automotive dealers, it means a new and highly insightful relationship between customers and the service bay. For auto insurers, it means the gateway to a better business model founded upon real data from real drivers. And for everyday drivers, it means a new era of vehicle ownership, one that harnesses untapped data to deliver something we’ve all longed for: automotive peace of mind. Welcome to the new automotive ecosystem. That means welcome to Mojio.