Are you that someone who can push the limits of your work? Do you have rational and strategic thinking behind all of your design projects? Can you inspire a team to take a different approach towards design as well as bringing out the best in each individual? Are you that someone who has stories to share of all the great products you’ve created across a diverse range of brands and personas? If the answer to the above is “Yes”, then you could be that Head of Design.
Who You Are:
The role of a Head of Design can be varied and the skills needed for the job are extensive. As a Head of Design you need to be passionate about your brand’s identity and able to bring it alive during interactions with clients and customers. You should believe in yourself and be the voice of the creative team, always willing to express your ideas. Below, we outline the job description for a Head of Design role, but this ever-evolving role requires someone who is constantly updating their skills and expertise. Could this be you?
Essential Functions: Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead of a team of experienced UX research and design folks
- Adopting a ‘hands-on’ approach when required to help the team with concept development
- Being the brand guardian
- Striving for continuous improvement and excellence
- Mentoring, developing and coaching the design team
- Creating an inspiring and positive culture
- Confident presentation of ideas to clients
- You feel confident working across mobile, digital and print
- You will have an intimate understanding of latest design concepts across mobile, digital and print – Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision
- Extensive and relevant leadership experience of a Product Design team (7+ years of experience in Design), with at least 3 years in mobile
- A portfolio with a wide range of branding and product work where you’ve played a key part in leading the design team to success
- Deep understanding of design thinking
- Confidence in concepting as well as running sprints across UX research, IA, wireframes and visual design functions
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Able to attract fantastic people and inspire them to do their best work
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- A strong desire to lead and inspire those around you, in and out of the design team. We love leaders who elevate the health, growth, and development of others
- Able to work in close partnership with cross-functional teams (engineering, marketing, business, legal, and client happiness) to determine the best way a design can be implemented
- Passion for how our design, creativity, and technology creates a successful culture and business
- Experience working with engineering teams in an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A solid point-of-view and a collaborative nature
Our Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and options package
- Excellent benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Cell phone plan with access to the latest smartphones
- Team outings to have fun with the rest of the team
- Unlimited nerf gun ammunition
- Catered lunches Monday - Friday and free snacks everyday
- Free Mojio for your car (obviously!)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
DRIVEN TOWARDS A MORE CONNECTED WORLD When people ask us, “What does Mojio mean?” we usually start by explaining that it didn’t mean much of anything when the founders chose the name in 2012. That was the whole point. An automotive revolution was brewing and we needed to put a name to the connected car, one that was as open as the road itself. One that was as much about the journey as it was the destination, one that represented the future of connectivity and growth. Mojio was born. Fast-forward and Mojio means so much more. We are the technological backbone for the rapidly growing connected car industry. A space forecasted to reach hundreds of millions of vehicles around the world by 2020. Now, Mojio isn’t just connecting cars to the Internet, we’re enabling a new automotive ecosystem, bringing together players of all shapes, sizes and forms. Mojio is the key to connecting them all. This is what drives us. Mojio unlocks hidden data from nearly any vehicle Now what does this mean for the industries we service? For wireless carriers, it means that the connected car is like the new smartphone. For automotive dealers, it means a new and highly insightful relationship between customers and the service bay. For auto insurers, it means the gateway to a better business model founded upon real data from real drivers. And for everyday drivers, it means a new era of vehicle ownership, one that harnesses untapped data to deliver something we’ve all longed for: automotive peace of mind. Welcome to the new automotive ecosystem. That means welcome to Mojio.
Want to learn more about Mojio? Visit Mojio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Senior UX Designer - mobile apps
Melbourne IT, Melbourne
Product Designer - Yelp Reservations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior Content Strategist, Shopify Plus
On-Call Implementation Designer (Freelance)
Interbrand, Cincinnati, OH