Big Data Engineer
Mojio, Campbell, California or Vancouver, Canada
DRIVEN TOWARDS A MORE CONNECTED WORLD
Position Title: Big Data Engineer
Location: Campbell California, or Vancouver, Canada
At Mojio, we’re connecting the cars of today for the journeys of tomorrow. Backed by leading investors including Amazon, T-Mobile, and Deutsche Telekom, Mojio is driving the global adoption of its connected car technology via its growing portfolio of customers, including T-Mobile and Vivint in the US, Deutsche Telekom in Europe and Telus in Canada. With more than 10 billion miles worth of real-world driving data processed to date, we have created one of the largest and fastest-growing big data pools in the automotive industry. If you’re interested in joining us on our mission to give every vehicle a voice, apply now!
You will work on enhancing and creating world-leading infrastructure for big data processing on connected device and services future of connected devices and more, including:
- Maintaining and expanding multi-use cloud infrastructure to provide world-class big data infrastructure for connected car data and services
- Improving and developing architectures and solutions for streaming, high velocity data storage in big data solutions
- High-performance processing of big data jobs across Spark, Kafka, Hive, Tableau, etc.
- Architecting cold path storage to complement hot path processing/storage, supporting high performance offline and near online processing
- Using a data-driven approach to develop the right solutions for a multitude of workload types
- Support multiple internal tenants supporting a wide range of usages from day-to-day services, through to analytics users and AI-based insights
- Modification of existing infrastructures to support high-scale solutions against the balance of cost
- Storage and processing solutions that support global deployment including GDPR compliance
- Development and support of streaming solutions for data processing
- Create and develop data pipelines for new sources and uses of data across Mojio
- Operational support for cold storage infrastructure and workload
- Support DevOps to provide Level 2+ support for clusters globally
- Support production and development workloads and internal customers
- Development of PoCs to support infrastructure support
- Conduct independent research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into data-platform.
- Development to support for AI and data science development work
- Development to Support for integration of services from the cold path to support the main hot path service
- Development to support cold storage improvements or new capabilities
- Drive solutions that enable the creation of multiple services and service integrations to support richer user solutions
- Expansion of our service platform to more widely support integrations (such as smart cities, data partners, etc.)
- Providing solutions while maintaining privacy and security requirements.
Who You Are
- At least 3 years as big-data engineer: sizing, creating, deploying, administering, and optimizing ETL pipelines in Hadoop envs using Spark, Hive, HDFS.
- At least 1 year of experience with with configuring, deploying, monitoring, and administering big-data infrastructure (hadoop clusters and hadoop ecosystem components). Must be familiar with tuning Yarn, Spark and Hive configurations to optimize utilization of infrastructure.
- Past Hadoop developer training/certification is desirable.
- Masters or bachelor’s in computer science related topics
- Strong technical skills
- Experience with SaaS big data processing
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud systems
- Experience with efficient processing of large data systems with technologies like big data (Hadoop, Hive, etc.) Spark, etc. is a MUST
- Experience with high-velocity, time-series data
Other job requirements:
- Ability to work with a distributed team to creating great collaborative solutions
- An open mind to new opportunities and new solutions
- Good architectural knowledge to provide platform and efficient solutions rather than one-off snowflakes.
- Strong interest in connected car, autonomous and the future of transportation.
Our Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, bonus and options package
- Excellent benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Lifestyle Savings Account
- Education Tuition Program
- Team outings
- Phone bill reimbursement and many more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
DRIVEN TOWARDS A MORE CONNECTED WORLD When people ask us, “What does Mojio mean?” we usually start by explaining that it didn’t mean much of anything when the founders chose the name in 2012. That was the whole point. An automotive revolution was brewing and we needed to put a name to the connected car, one that was as open as the road itself. One that was as much about the journey as it was the destination, one that represented the future of connectivity and growth. Mojio was born. Fast-forward and Mojio means so much more. We are the technological backbone for the rapidly growing connected car industry. A space forecasted to reach hundreds of millions of vehicles around the world by 2020. Now, Mojio isn’t just connecting cars to the Internet, we’re enabling a new automotive ecosystem, bringing together players of all shapes, sizes and forms. Mojio is the key to connecting them all. This is what drives us. Mojio unlocks hidden data from nearly any vehicle Now what does this mean for the industries we service? For wireless carriers, it means that the connected car is like the new smartphone. For automotive dealers, it means a new and highly insightful relationship between customers and the service bay. For auto insurers, it means the gateway to a better business model founded upon real data from real drivers. And for everyday drivers, it means a new era of vehicle ownership, one that harnesses untapped data to deliver something we’ve all longed for: automotive peace of mind. Welcome to the new automotive ecosystem. That means welcome to Mojio.
Want to learn more about Mojio? Visit Mojio's website.
Help the world share their story