We come from many different places, but what unites us is our passion. At Moment Factory, each new project is a blank page awaiting the creativity and talent of our whole team, no matter the individual responsibilities, roles, or fields. Our desire to innovate, to take risks, and to learn from our mistakes and from each other is what allows us to create collective projects that go above and beyond. Today, thanks to a team of 350 creative minds, we have been able to create immersive multimedia environments for artists, museums, airports, brands, theme parks and events, as well as our signature shows. No matter the canvas – be it film, lighting, multimedia architecture, sound design, special effects, or interactive projects – the thirst for experimentation and innovation is at the core of our DNA. Our Montreal, Paris, New York, and Singapour studios are always on the hunt for curious and inspired people. Find your niche on our team of passionate employees!
Producers and managers juggle the planning and execution of projects and ensure that each step of a new endeavour runs smoothly. They take the helm of both the operational and human side of our creative undertakings.
The Interactive Project Manager is responsible for managing one or more assigned projects. They monitor project phases, from design to operations. Working with the producer, they help choose the method to use according to the project’s needs (Waterfall, Agile, etc.) and manage the interactive team on their project (artists and various developers) by following up on development and acting as a bridge between the various project stakeholders. In short, they are a mobilizing force for their team.
The Interactive team is passionate about human interaction and is always trying new things. They are made up of creative developers, designers, and people who are enthusiastic about technology, UX, and innovation. Their work pushes the boundaries of interface and creates innovative experiences that bring people together in the real world.
Joining the Montreal studio means working with 350 employees of approximately ten different nationalities in an open, authentic, colourful and human-centred space. The studio is housed on two floors of a 60,000 square foot former printing plant in Mile-Ex. It all began here, in this former multicultural industrial area that has become the hub for artificial intelligence in Montréal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1– Diligently manage the projects they are assigned
• Work with the interactive producer:
- Facilitate the identification of project needs, objectives and deliverables;
- Help define the major production steps, project schedules as well as the project management methodology to use (Waterfall, Agile, hybrid, etc.);
- Efficiently assign resources to their project through casting.
• Be responsible for the project's constraint triangle and support the stakeholders in their decision making:
- Manage the production calendar for the project team;
- Efficiently manage the tasks and work hours for their various resources (internal, subcontractors and vendors) assigned to the project to stay within budget, on schedule and within the project scope;
- Help find solutions to problems and limitations that are technical, operational or human;
- Plan and organize all required activities to deliver the project (UX testing, QA plan, project architecture, etc.).
2- Manage communications with stakeholders
• Be responsible for coordination and clarity of communications between all stakeholders (internal or external) on the project (organizing meetings, approvals, note taking, etc.);
• Communicate any and all changes related to their project such as budget, scope and time;
• Liaise with the client when the project requires it.
3- Manage documentation for their projects
• Create the required documentation for all project phases;
• Establish the folder structure and file naming scheme and ensure it is followed by the members of their project teams.
4– Be a good ambassador
• Establish a climate of collaboration, commitment and accountability within their project teams;
• Help improve the existing processes to maximize productivity.
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, interactive media or management, or any other relevant field or equivalent experience;
• Over 4 years of experience in project management;
• Relevant experience with Agile and ability to guide its application;
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary and artistic environment (multimedia environments, audiovisual production, events, etc.);
• Deep knowledge of development pipelines and interactive media technologies, web and/or video games (sensors, software like Unity, Touch Designer, Web);
• Familiar with Jira and the Atlassian suite (BitBucket, Confluence);
• Proficiency in spoken and written French and English.
• Entrepreneurship and leadership;
• Capacity to self-teach and independently organize the workload, ability to prioritize;
• Passion, reliability, professionalism and team spirit;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS
• Occasional work outside regular office hours and occasional travel.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals.
Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!