Global HRBP Director, G&A
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
Our global People Partner team leads the implementation of our ambitious Growth Culture vision through engaging with our business unit stakeholders, identifying opportunities to develop and grow the business through people all the while implementing best people practices and guidelines. We collaboratively identify problems and opportunities with our business leaders to drive our goals forward. Core focus areas include: career pathing; succession planning; rewards planning; coaching; performance management & employee relations; diversity and inclusion and much much more.
The right candidate for this role will have:
- 12-15+ years experience as an HR Business Partner or equivalent supporting senior leaders and engaging with senior executives
- An entrepreneurial spirit - we have a lot to build!
- The ability to coach, develop and establish a strong feedback culture
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers surrounding people decisions
- Ability to transform business insight and understanding into strategic plans for workforce growth and development, specifically across a diverse G&A Function
- Experience in global HR practices and development programs is an advantage
- A strong background in using data to inform strategy and drive decisions
MongoDB is growing rapidly (currently 1200 employees), and expanding into new countries (currently 22). This growth needs to be supported through an evolved People Partner organization. You will become part of the team driving this critical phase of transformation as we design and implement a more scalable engagement model.
As we evolve, our goal is to maintain the high-touch, high-availability expectations of our current approach, while ensuring that senior leaders have the organizational bench strength and future workforce planning support they need to grow their businesses. To that end, you will be equally comfortable partnering with employees of all levels, moving regularly between the tactical and strategic.
The Global HR Business Partner will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
Within 1 month, you’ll…..
- Be fully integrated into the People Team and develop relationships to begin to understand growth opportunities for employees and leaders
- Have built an initial relationship with key stakeholders in the G&A Business Unit
- Be familiar with how we execute existing People Partner responsibilities
- Have familiarized yourself with our business model and organizational structure
Within 3 months, you’ll…..
- Have attended our sales bootcamp and understand our various product offerings, how we sell and the business impact MongoDB has on our customers
- Be fully integrated into the business unit across all functions, have developed relationships and understand their specific opportunities for delivering talent management, performance enablement and other people and culture solutions
- Actively make contributions to the team’s strategic goals and projects
Within 9-12 months, you’ll…..
- Be a critical member of the People team, with a deep understanding of our product offerings, growth opportunities, and our culture & values
- Have built credibility across the business you support to represent their point of view and facilitate easy buy-in for proposed initiatives
- Have helped to activate our new engagement model, team structure and new role expectations
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.