Senior Strategic Consultant (EMEA)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The MongoDB Strategic Consultant is a technical, customer-facing role that supports the realization of high-priority customer initiatives and drives a multitude of MongoDB adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to the cloud.
Our Strategic Consultants help answer big questions that CIOs and other IT leaders have when using MongoDB technologies to unlock the power of their data, such as
How do I maximize my return on investment in MongoDB? Where do I start? How do I make appropriate changes at the appropriate times to achieve my objectives for the business?
How can my team understand quickly which apps / use cases are a good fit for MongoDB (and which ones are not)?
We have a lot of data in different systems, teams, silos. How do we leverage that data to serve new uses cases in front of us?
How do I get my team to adopt the cloud in a safe and efficient way?
- How do I ensure that my team has the skills needed to develop and deploy MongoDB applications? How do we scale my team’s knowledge and efficiency? How do we provide governance and technical design authority? How do we build a MongoDB centre of excellence?
MongoDB Strategic Consultants advise holistically on the people, process and technology aspects of MongoDB adoption to ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
We’re looking for a digital transformation leader, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and comfortable working closely with customer business and technical stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated leadership in the areas of IT strategy, enterprise architecture, cloud computing or IT operations.
- Proven track record of driving technology adoption in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Familiarity with technology concepts, use cases and trends through practical experience (e.g. Digital Customer and eCommerce, IoT, BlockChain, AI & Machine Learning, Digital Enterprise, Content Management, Single View).
- An understanding of industry operations, dynamics & trends through experience in one or more industries (e.g. Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Goods, High Tech).
- Working knowledge of the application development lifecycle and modern software development methodologies.
- Should be capable and comfortable with frequent travel for short trips to customer site during the working week.
- Should have strong capability with, minimally, both English and any local language - as necessary.
- Understand customers’ overall portfolio of apps and datasets, IT and business priorities and success measures to adapt, develop and design specific digital transformation approaches involving MongoDB technologies.
- Generate migration roadmaps and drive buy-in from executives, lines of business, and application owners across complex organizational structures.
- Collaborate with MongoDB consulting engineers and partners to build and execute implementation plans.
- Work as part of a wider delivery team comprising strategic consultants, consulting engineers, project managers and account teams.
- Partner with Product Engineering to influence the direction of the MongoDB product roadmap.
- Work with Professional Services Practice Director to continuously improve PS sales and delivery content, methodologies and tools.
Within 3 months
- Complete basic new hire technical training to acquire a functional knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities and use cases.
- Via new hire training and shadowing, acquire a deep knowledge of MongoDB professional services offerings, and the work done by our account teams, project managers and consulting engineers.
- Assist in scoping strategic consulting as part of a project proposal.
Within 6 months
- Successfully deliver several major pieces of strategic consulting gaining a reputation as trusted advisor to your clients.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of strategic consulting offerings, methodologies and tools.
Within 12 months
- Drive meaningful adoption of MongoDB technology in one or more customer accounts, aligned to the delivery of our customers’ business objectives.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
IT Support Engineer
Getaround, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Payments
Wish, San Francisco, California
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Carbon, Redwood City
Red Ventures, South Charlotte