MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The DevOps team is a core component of Technical Operations at MongoDB. We are responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure services that enable other MongoDB engineering teams to reliably deploy and operate their own services and products. We regularly interact with engineers across the company to better understand how our services are being used and constantly look for ways to improve developer workflows through automation and education. We are big open source enthusiasts and use a number of open source tools in our stack (contributing upstream whenever possible). Some of the tools we use regularly include Python, Go, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Drone, Prometheus, Grafana, and Chef.
Our ideal candidate
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, self-motivated and understands the value of collaboration
- Strong Linux and TCP/IP networking skills
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Comfortable writing code and using git
- Experience with configuration management tools and managing infrastructure as code
- Familiar with CI/CD strategies and tooling
- Experience running containers in a production environment
- Able to perform deep technical analysis and fix applications, systems, and networks
- Work with engineering teams across MongoDB to understand their infrastructure needs
- Design, build, and operate infrastructure services that are reliable, scalable, and observable
- Regularly write and review infrastructure automation, configuration management, and application code
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for large infrastructure projects
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing infrastructure and come up with well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Own and operate much of the infrastructure that runs MongoDB
- In three months you’ll have familiarized yourself with much of our environment and will be able to whiteboard important pieces of our infrastructure on the fly. You will also be making regular contributions to our tooling/services and jumping in to help resolve incidents and respond to user requests
- In six months you’ll have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a medium to large sized infrastructure project
- In a year you’ll have used your deep knowledge of our infrastructure to help drive platform adoption across the company. You will also be a subject matter expert in at least one component of our platform, and will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability and maintainability of our systems
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Software Engineer
Software Engineer, Android
Snap Inc., Toronto, ON
Engineering Manager - Technology Research
Cloudflare, London, UK
Senior Big Data DevOps Engineer
Tinder, Los Angeles
Dept, Design & Technology UK
Software Engineer - ML Transition Program
Quora, Mountain View, CA