Lead Web Engineer, Atlas
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is seeking a Lead Web Engineer to join the Cloud Services Team. You will be responsible for making enhancements to the new user experience of MongoDB Atlas, from registration through connecting to your first MongoDB cluster.
MongoDB Atlas is our database as a service offering and fastest growing product. It allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, secure, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
The ideal candidate will
- Have 1+ years experience leading or mentoring junior engineers
- Have worked on production-grade web applications and be capable of making small backend improvements in a compiled language (Java, C#, etc.)
- Have experience with AB testing and tools like Segment, Google Analytics, Appcues, Amplitude, etc. is a big plus
- Always striving to expand their knowledge
- Curious, collaborative and intellectually honest
- Work closely with product and marketing team to make improvements to the Atlas funnel and integrate the Atlas front-end with back-end analytics systems
- Pair with a designer to hone the Atlas UX
- Hold yourself accountable to your actions, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work, and
- Stay up to date with best practices and technologies in web engineering
A Lead Engineer will be successful in this role when they:
- Elevate the work and have high retention of the individual contributors on their team
- Are open, honest and willing to contribute and collaborate with others
- Develop confidence in finding their way across the platform
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature, representing Engineering when working with Product and Design
- Are willing to learn and contribute to all parts of the stack
- Are resolute in their approach to problem solving, balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Platforms
Highfive, Redwood City
Front End Software Engineer
NovoEd, San Francisco, CA
Anti-Fraud Analyst - São Paulo
Senior User Experience Researcher, Education
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer (Mac OS X)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Beyond, Houston, TX