Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (EMEA)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is growing and gaining adoption rapidly across the globe with the most demanding and innovative companies and development teams in enterprise software.
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations.
As an ideal candidate, you will have
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- Working knowledge and ability to code with two or more modern scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to travel up to 50%
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As an ideal candidate, you may also have
- Experience selling databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
What you do at MongoDB
- You design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest software development projects leveraging MongoDB
- You advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- You confidently articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- You partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises
- You align to support sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, proof of value, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for management and executives
- You act as a liaison, gathering feedback from the field to relay back to the Product Management team
- You will have the opportunity to help drive demand through participation in both industry-known trade-shows as well account-based marketing events
- You demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges
- You have an ability to drive customer demand within a sales territory, by being self-motivated, proactive and understanding the importance of a strong sense of urgency
- You proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other pre-sales team members and share best practices
- You have situational awareness and react appropriately in group settings
What you will learn
- The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.