Sales Support Associate
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB's tremendous growth and scale provide exposure to career-changing experiences, people and skills. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a hands-on impact on the disruption of a $60B industry and technology as a whole. The personal impacts are unparalleled career and growth opportunity.
The SalesOps Associate provides front-line support to our rapidly-growing sales organisation, including answering questions, performing tasks that Account Executives and Managers aren’t able to perform themselves, and maintaining the health of our sales tools and systems.
MongoDB’s SalesOps Associates are mentored and coached by highly-skilled Sales Operations leaders with proven track records. SalesOps Associates will gain practical, real-world sales operations experience, along with exposure to the best sales methodology in the industry. This experience provides an enviable foundation for your business career, whether you are focused on a future in leadership or sales.
Shift Timings: 8:00pm- 4:00am (Cabs will be provided)
Work Location: Gurgaon
You will have the opportunity to
- Accelerate your career through exposure to the most effective sales methodology and through working side by side with the best sales professionals in the industry
- Get insights and experience first-hand how an effective, fast-paced organisation operates through learning about marketing/sales processes, collaboration and tools
- Establish a strong network of peers and mentors
- Gain insight into a $45b technology industry that is rapidly transforming
- Front-line/Tier-1 Support for Sales via the SalesOps Case Queue, including initial triage of new Cases, troubleshooting/resolving/responding to Cases as knowledge & experience allows, and escalating cases to Salesforce.com Administrators or other teams like Deal Desk where appropriate
- Serve as an initial point of escalation from other Sales Support functions (Deal Desk, Commissions, Support Operations) where they need assistance from SalesOps
- Data cleanliness activities such as reviewing and correcting both recurring and ad hoc data audits
- Data updates, such as Account/Territory Assignments
- User Administration, such as activating new users and deactivating departing users in various sales tools
- Maintenance of Salesforce.com reports & dashboards
- Identification of trends of issues, problems, and requests that may be symptoms of broader opportunities for improvements in processes, tools, or training
- Configuration/setup tasks in Salesforce.com and other Sales Tools, such as our custom Territory Management solution or our user hierarchy management in Aviso (forecasting tool)
Skills & Experience
- Ability to learn prescribed tasks quickly, and grow into understanding and supporting less prescribed processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, e.g. should know commonly used functions like VLOOKUP, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables
- Prior experience working with Salesforce.com and familiarity with the basic Lead, Account, Contact, Opportunity structure, searching, editing records. Prior experience working with bulk update tools like Data Loader or DemandTools a plus
- Attention to detail
- Works well with ambiguous questions/requirements and can work through the problem/request to get to a solution
- Adaptive to constantly shifting priorities and responsive to unpredictable volume of inbound requests with varying degrees of urgency
- Prior experience working with Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) a plus but not required, though would need to be learned. Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL is a plus if no prior experience with SOQL
- A degree in a technical or business discipline is a plus
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 100+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups.
Perks & Benefits
- Macbooks are company standard
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance.
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats.
- 20 weeks of Paternity and 26 weeks of Maternity leave to spend time with new arrivals.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.