UK Media Relations Manager (EMEA)
MongoDB, London or Dublin
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
This is a rare chance to play a vital role in shaping and expanding the reputation of a company disrupting a $59B market. In 2017 MongoDB was the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and its business is still growing at ~60% globally year-on-year. Internationally one of the most important and fastest growing regions is the UK. To support and fuel this growth we’re looking for a tenacious, creative and incisive UK media relations manager.
As a media relations manager on the communications team, your role will be to increase the awareness of, and preference for, MongoDB and its services. You’ll do this by securing quality coverage for MongoDB in relevant media and distilling complex technical issues into clear and compelling content. Not only will you cultivate relationships with our core technology media but you’ll help us continually expand our network of media contacts. Based in Dublin or London, you’ll be part of a global team and will work closely with MongoDB’s EMEA director of communications.
- Be the primary contact for UK media. Nurture and grow an extensive network of journalists. Take responsibility for pitching stories, managing inquiries, and working with spokespeople
- Lead the development of a UK media relations strategy designed to secure consistently high-quality coverage across print, online and broadcast media
- Work with key internal stakeholders (executive management, marketing, engineering and HR) to execute media campaigns that support business objectives
- Produce compelling content for a range of mediums including earned, owned, paid and shared media
- Work with customers to produce content and secure media opportunities
- Report qualitatively on coverage and analyze our positioning in the media to demonstrate the impact on marketing and business goals
- Increase quality media coverage in the UK
- Retain and build on MongoDB’s current media relationships
- Produce bylines and thought leadership content that drives interest in key themes
- Create compelling customer content that helps engage with media, prospects and customers
- More than three years experience in B2B technology media relations
- Proven track record securing outstanding results with media
- Strong existing relations with key UK media
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to translate complex technology into compelling stories
- Familiarity with integrated marketing campaigns and tactics
- Preferred location London or Dublin
- Be self motivated and tenacious
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Growth Associate, Hong Kong
MealPal, Hong Kong
Customer Service Officer
Hypebeast, New York
Director, Global Advertising Technology
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Devoted Health, Waltham, MA
Senior Corporate Communications Manager
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Sales Enablement Senior Manager
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA