Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is a company passionate about empowering engineers by providing them with database and platform technologies that are intuitive, powerful and scalable. Similarly, Decision Automation Group (DAG), is a Developer Productivity team focused on tools and systems that accelerate, analyze, and advise our own engineers on how to continuously deliver new features and functionality. The team combines skills in software development, systems engineering and data sciences.
The right candidate for this role
- Understands the challenges of software development at scale and is interested in developing tools and systems to improve the development experience
- Understands continuous delivery principles, including built-in quality, small batches, automation, and continuous improvement
- Proposes and test new system scaling hypotheses to squeeze hundreds of hours of compilation and testing for a single build into seconds
- Realizes long-term scalable solutions through software engineering
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with stakeholders in requirements gathering, design, proof-of-concept demonstrations, implementation, and support
- Develop software that accelerates development feedback and increases confidence in code changes for our industry-leading database software
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Mentor junior team members as well as members of our Summer internship program
- Collaborate with broader developer productivity group to integrate technology and best practices into a larger platform of continuous delivery
A software engineer is considered successful in this role after having taken on the following responsibilities.
- Technical: Successfully implemented one new feature that accelerates feedback, improves debuggability, or increases confidence in continuous delivery results
- Ownership: Actively participates in requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Leadership: Organizationally seen as a leader willing to develop their own and others’ ideas from their infancy to finished products
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Backend Engineer
Class Pass, San Francisco
Data Science Intern
PatientPop, Santa Monica
United Technologies Digital, New York
Lead Software Engineer, UI
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Mechanical Design Engineer - Sensor Integration
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Director, Quality Engineering
Slack, San Francisco