Sales Development Team Manager
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
What on Earth is MongoDB?
Only the coolest collection of dreamers and doers who share a relentless passion for creativity. We eagerly and expertly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption. We have a wicked pioneering spirit--always ready to forge new paths and take smart risks. And we do it all very, very well.
MongoDB is also:
- The world’s most popular modern database, with over 40M+ downloads to date
- Poised to disrupt a $59BN market and growing
- Based in 34 locations worldwide
- Home to over 1100 employees worldwide
Sales Development @ MongoDB
We not only view our product as our competitive advantage, but also our sales organization. We invest over $40K in every salesperson in their first year, more than 6x industry standard – via training, tools, and enablement, and we are excited to work with only the best talent, accepting less than 1% of applicants for sales roles.
At MongoDB the Sales Development organization is responsible for driving new business opportunity and expanding market share through qualified pipeline, as well as driving the business forward by developing the next generation of top closers. As the Sales Development Manager you will be responsible for delivering both revenue and talent for our business. You will focus on the Recruitment, Enablement and Execution of your team to assure the continued successful trajectory of this strategically important department.
MongoDB's tremendous growth and scale will expose you to career-changing experiences, people and skills. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to impact the disruption of a $40b industry and technology as a whole.
You’ll have the opportunity to
- Build winning teams through Attracting, Hiring and Developing the world’s best SDRs
- Enable your team to relentlessly prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline through your coaching and mentoring on topics including: courageous qualification, prospecting techniques, phone skills, and strategic engagement with Account Executives
- Collaborate with Marketing, Field and Inside Sales to ensure we capitalize on the massive market opportunity ahead of us
- Provide actionable feedback and solutions to improve systems, processes and tools
- Optimize and industrialize how sales handles what marketing generates as well as how your team generates pipeline into cold accounts, putting instrumentation in place for constant assessment, diagnosis and required actions
- Help your team navigate some of our largest Enterprise customers in EMEA
- Join the leadership team early giving you the opportunity to build the SDR Program from the ground up, have high visibility to the CRO and CEO and have a major impact on the entire company
- Attend global leadership training events and strengthen your leadership muscle
- A true passion for sales & technology - we want leaders who love what they do and inspire their team
- 2+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market, preferably in a SaaS company
- Experience building and managing a highly successful and talented Sales team
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Driven – possesses a strong desire to be successful
- Disciplined – skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to pipeline generation and qualification
- Intelligent – possesses aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility
Life in MongoDB
- Our Austin office culture
- MongoDB’s North America Corporate and Sales Development Headquarters
- 75+ people with teams in Sales, Engineering, Professional Services, Finance, IT
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Our Benefits
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance with VHI
- Pension & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Gym membership and weekly Wellness classes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Our Core Value
- Think Big, Go Far: We are big dreamers with a passion for creativity. We eagerly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption
- Make It Matter: We are relentless in our pursuit of meaningful impact. We think strategically and are clear on what we are and are not trying to do
- Build Together: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Embrace the Power of Differences: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Be Intellectually Honest: We embrace reality. We apply high-quality thinking and rigor. We have courage in our convictions but work hard to ensure biases or personal beliefs do not get in the way of finding the best solution
- Own What You Do: We take ownership and are accountable for everything that we do. We empower and we are empowered to make things happen, and balance independence with interdependence
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can feel very alien to many people. There’s some things we’d like you to know if you are considering working with us.
- Most importantly: WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. Our aim is not to catch you or make life difficult. When we interview, we’re trying to figure out a couple of things
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team
- Would you love working here and be a positive influence in our team
- Would you be able to grow and become more during your time here
- We aim to provide a lot of feedback through our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves. Hopefully you will gain a lot of positive experience through this but if not we’d love your feedback
- When you’re preparing to interview (either with us or someone else), you’ll often be sharing stories of your past. A great way to frame this is with the STAR model: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained
- We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how that sets us apart
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strategic Account Executive
Enterprise Sales Engineer (Calgary)
Sales Associate - Korea
Insider, Seoul, S. Korea
Technical Learning Consultant, Sales Enablement
Slack, San Francisco, New York City, Denver
Enterprise Sales Representative - Shopify Plus
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Senior Account Executive, Pacific NW
Grand Rounds, Seattle, WA