Brand Design Intern - Summer 2019
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is seeking a talented student to join the Brand Design team. As a Brand Design Intern, you will use your knowledge of design and computer applications to mock-up concepts and finalize the designs. The role is perfect for anyone passionate about brand experience, digital marketing, and brand identity. Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and eliminating defective and excessive imaging.
Throughout your internship, you’ll be mentored by our management team, engage directly with senior management, and participate in training programs. At the end of the summer, you’ll walk away with a comprehensive portfolio that demonstrates the range of customer touchpoints across a brand experience.
What you will do
- Build and develop a set of characters and illustrations
- Design digital ads for cloud technologies and developers
- Deliver a complete brand experience to customers
The right candidate for this role will
- Know advanced design principles, including: layout, typography, color, balance, composition, formats, and current design trends
- Have an aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast paced, multitasking environment
- Possess the ability to formulate a complete project plan from research to final execution
- Demonstrate consistency and dedication to building a trusted brand
- Obsess over every pixel, screen density, layout, and technology
- Excel under tight deadlines and flourish within a team environment
- Understand how to use Sketch, and the Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat on a Mac
- Be in the process of receiving a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Visual Communication, Advertising, Communication Design, Graphic and Digital Design, Web Design and New Media, or related studies
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.