Digital Marketing Manager
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is the fastest-growing database on the planet, used globally to transform industries with incredibly innovative applications. Joining this team is a rare opportunity to be the voice behind a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $60B market.
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic manager to help lead our digital marketing strategy and execution for MongoDB’s initiatives and events. Reporting into the Director of Digital and Growth Marketing, you’ll be responsible for setting up the strategy and drive execution to deliver a best-in-class set of digital campaigns and promote initiatives and events to developers and business decision makers. You’re a strategic thinker and a collaborative leader who can help a global team deliver amazing digital campaigns across paid search and social, display, retargeting, based on industry best practice and user research. You’ll run campaigns in North America and internationally. You’ll be both a thinker and a builder in this role, focused on how to connect with customers digitally and communicate the power and potential of technology.
About the role
- Partner with the demand generation and field marketing team to determine the best campaign plan and support
- Own and optimize various MongoDB paid media programs from strategy to execution, with responsibility for driving growth and new acquisition from campaigns
- Manage the budget to deliver maximum return on investment and value for spend
- Track and analyze channel results and improve performance based on learning
- Partner with vendors and data analytics teams to measure marketing effectiveness, always finding ways to become more efficient and gain more transparency into performance
- Own budgeting and forecasting process
- Continually innovate processes and source, test, and evaluate potential new sources of high-quality traffic
- BA/BS degree required
- 4-5 years of hands-on SEM experience, ideally with a high tech or Internet company
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical to prioritize opportunities, test, and implement successful campaigns
- Understanding and experience working in bidding platforms with firsthand knowledge of Google Products and Facebook Ad Platform
- Superior project and management skills; results-focused with superb execution and follow-through; highly attentive to detail
- Strong analytic skills and advanced proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Technical proficiency in common online technologies, including tracking and analytics platforms
- Ability to quickly learn and become fluent in new technologies
- Efficient, highly productive multitasker; self-motivated; thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Past experience in a “Business to Developer” environment highly preferred
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.