Growth Marketing Manager, Conversion Rate Optimization
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is disrupting a $60B market with the most innovative database and platform, a vision that attracts thousands of developers to sign up for MongoDB Atlas every month. It’s up to the Growth team, and this role in particular, to deliver an amazing experience from discovery to signup. To do so, we instrument the user journey, find places where there could be friction, and build innovative flows to speed developers toward their goals. This role is a special opportunity for someone who enjoys the intersection of Digital Marketing and Product, using data to help thousands of users experience the magic of MongoDB Atlas.
About The Role
We’re looking for a conversion optimization expert to guide experimentation and growth strategy across all MongoDB traffic sources and web properties. As an optimization expert, you’ll partner with channel owners to prioritize areas for improvement, create testing plans, and test your hypotheses into implementation.
You should have a strong understanding and hands-on experience with A/B & MVT testing, web analytics, SEO, UX and writing, and all the tactics required to improve customer experience and drive performance.
As the Growth Marketing Manager, Optimization you will:
- Drive conversion rate optimization for MongoDB web properties including planning, ideation, testing, optimization, and measurement
- Propose and size experiment opportunities, build A/B testing plans and evaluate test results to help make website optimization decisions
- Diagnose how web visitors are interacting with our website through heat mapping or visitor recording techniques
- Set up and manage A/B tests, using Optimize360 or similar tools, and optimize funnels across multiple devices and websites
- Optimize user journey, taking action on key metrics and KPIs, through continuous website testing and user experience improvements
- Work with marketing operations and IT to select the right tools, data partners and any outlying dependencies needed to operationalize
- 4-5 years experience in growth/conversion marketing, performance marketing, or a business analytics role
- A/B testing and optimization savvy
- Quick learner - able to quickly capture context and analyze new parts of the business
- Critical thinking - ability to break down vague problems into smaller, concrete questions and deliver recommendations to non-analytical audiences
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics 360, Google Tag Manager, and testing tools
- Strong understanding of working with numbers, KPIs, and optimizing conversion rates while thinking strategically
- Localization experience is a plus
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.