Field Marketing Manager, East
MongoDB, Atlanta or New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is looking for a talented and results-driven Field Marketing Manager to execute strategic and community events in partnership with our sales and marketing teams. This role has a significant impact on MongoDB’s East Region (Americas).
This role works in close alignment with the sales and marketing teams to drive MongoDB’s value proposition and go-to-market strategy to support sales and developer advocacy goals. Key responsibilities include planning, organizing, and executing event and field marketing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities.
The role will report into the Director of Field Marketing.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years event planning experience and account management/marketing experience in a technology company
- Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment (ROI) by tracking results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs
- Eloqua/Salesforce experience a plus
- Familiarity with Jira a plus
- Problem solving skills
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities and help other team members as needed
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- Closely integrate with regional Account Executives, supporting the needs of their territory and executing account-based marketing strategies
- Manage account-based marketing programs to foster deeper relationships within specific strategic accounts by working in close alignment with sales and marketing teams
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Working in collaboration with the Field Marketing team, create and execute a lead generation plan that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth to hit targets
- Work with events team to coordinate “MongoDB on Tour” programs from end to end within region
- Partner with the Developer Advocacy team on MongoDB User Group (MUG) events to ensure regular meetings, provide speaker support, collateral, & swag shipments as needed
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in materials and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams when creating new and updating existing materials, presentations and/or preparing for tradeshows
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Support the go-to-market and co-marketing plans for accounts
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and supporting processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Support our flagship event, MongoDB World
- 30-50% travel to domestic markets
The Field Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your regional Account Executives, understand their top target accounts, and begin planning field marketing opportunities.
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed pipeline acceleration events, and supported the developer advocacy team in a local MUG event.
- In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationship across internal MongoDB teams and have executed both strategic and scalable ABM programs, co-produced partner events leveraging the MongoDB partnership ecosystem, co-produced regional MUGs that build affinity for MongoDB across developer communities, maintained flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to ensure success, and have a stake in future programming.
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Intelligence Analyst
Instacart, Atlanta, GA
Senior Marketing Manager, Advocacy Programs
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Marketing Manager (Remote)
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Fleet
Samsara, San Francisco
Werkstudent PR (m/w/div)
Dept, Dept Holding DE
Deliveroo, Taipei City, Taipei City, Taiwan