MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB, the leading modern, general purpose database platform, is looking to hire a fantastic lawyer in New York, New York to fill the position of Corporate Counsel. We will consider other locations for the right candidate. We are looking for an exceptional corporate and securities attorney who thrives in a fast-paced environment and isn't afraid of lofty goals and different types of challenges. The successful candidate will work quickly, efficiently and strategically, and as part of a best in class legal department. This candidate will work both independently and as part of a team that values quality, fun and collaboration. MongoDB continues to grow at a rapid pace, and every person we hire has the opportunity to help shape the business and grow with the company. Our legal department prides itself on providing proactive legal advice and driving results on all of our projects and agreements, all the while collaborating across various departments – and having a great time doing it.
- Assisting with a wide range of securities, corporate, and M&A matters
- Assisting with preparation and review of reports filed with the SEC, including disclosures on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, and managing legal aspects of SEC reporting process
- Supporting corporate governance matters, including meetings of our Board, its committees and our annual meeting of stockholders
- Assisting with preparation and review of MongoDB’s proxy statement
- Providing advice and strategic support on legal issues arising in connection with M&A transactions
- Supporting compliance activities relating to various corporate policies, including Code of Conduct and Insider Trading Policy
- Assisting on employment matters, such as equity compensation, employment templates and processes
- Advising on the design and administration MongoDB’s equity program
- Supporting corporate communications and investor relations on earnings releases, investor presentations and other strategic communications
- Assisting with registered and unregistered debt and equity offerings
- Working collaboratively with a broad range of people domestically and internationally, across legal, finance, communications and human resources
- Smart, passionate and driven
- JD degree
- 3-5 years of corporate law firm experience (in-house experience an added bonus)
- Experience with SEC reporting and securities compliance, including preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements, Section 16 reports and registration statements, and Nasdaq listing requirements
- A proven record of success at a reputable law firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and process oriented
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and organize and execute with minimal supervision.
- Curious and enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and overcoming challenges, and demonstrate practical judgment in difficult situations
- Great leadership and teamwork skills
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Real Estate Counsel
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Wish, San Francisco, California
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services, Managing Director
Accordion Partners, San Francisco
Claims Customer Care Specialist
Risk Decision Scientist (San Jose)
Venmo, San Jose, CA
Settlements Support Administrator
Beyond, Beverly MA and/or Houston TX