Email Marketing Manager, Growth
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is disrupting a $60B market with the most innovative database and platform, a vision that attracts thousands of developers to sign up for MongoDB Atlas every month. It’s up to the Growth team, and this role in particular, to deliver an amazing experience from discovery to product registration and usage. To do so, we instrument the user journey, find places where there could be friction, and build innovative flows to speed developers toward their goals. This role is a special opportunity for someone who enjoys the intersection of Digital Marketing and Product, using data to help thousands of users experience the magic of MongoDB Atlas.
About The Role
We’re looking for a strategic email marketer to focus on user activation and retention. You will be responsible for helping our users get the most value out of our products and building a strong relationship with our brand. You will bring your experience in email marketing, push notification, and in-product marketing to drive activation, engagement, and retention and deliver measurable business impact. You will use your understanding of our audience to tailor these experiences to each segment.
Embedded within a cross-functional growth team, you will work closely with product, engineering, data science, and marketing operations to develop lifecycle marketing campaigns focused on the entire end-to-end user journey.
As the Email Marketing Manager, Growth you will:
- Identify opportunities to increase the registration-to-paid conversion and product usage that improves customer retention
- Create and optimize segmentation and email content personalization strategies by leveraging activity data, LTV, demographics, and user behavior/intent/preference
- Work with marketing, product, and analytics to build and execute campaigns across email, in-product marketing, and other customer touchpoints
- Drive both ideation and execution of experiments across email and user communications to increase user activation and retention rates
- Be responsible for performance against key top-line business KPIs including increasing paid tier activation, reducing churn, and improving retention
- Project manage across analytics, product, legal, marketing operations to meet fast-paced schedules while ensuring quality
- You have a bachelor’s degree – ideally in marketing, business, economics, or technical field
- 3-5 years experience developing lifecycle marketing programs / CRM / email marketing programs through email, and/or in-product marketing
- Creative and empathetic thinker; you care deeply about our users and can build precise targeting as well as delightful, on-brand experiences for them
- Experience working with user research and consumer insights to uncover user insights and shape our strategy
- Deep analytical and data acumen. Proficient with segmentation, reporting, and how to use data to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated track record in developing and executing A/B tests, analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights
- Strong results orientation, proven record performing to aggressive growth targets
- Ability to write effective copy is a necessity, together with extreme attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, specifically with product, data science, and marketing operations
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with Eloqua and Salesforce is a plus
- Past experience in marketing to developers is a plus
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Global Head of Digital Marketing
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Blue State Digital, NYC
PolicyGenius, New York
(Senior) SEO Manager (w/m/div) für ein neues finleap Venture
FinLeap GmbH, Berlin, Berlin-Brandenburg Metropolitan Region Germany
CRM Manager - Ring Europe
Ring, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Community Ambassador - Worcester, MA
Yelp, Worcester, MA