Director, MongoDB Enterprise Tools
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB (NASDAQ: MDB) is the leading noSQL solution to work with humongous amounts of data. As the pioneer delivering the most popular distributed, scalable document database, MongoDB is always on the cutting-edge of technology. Our growing NYC office works closely with other groups in the company located around the world.
Lead a global team of engineers delivering productivity tools and integrations that provide the foundation of the MongoDB ecosystem.
The leader of this team will be immersed in cutting edge technologies and advanced research problems.
The MongoDB Enterprise Tools team delivers the software which embodies the development and analytics experience for a diverse range of use cases for MongoDB. The team is currently responsible for Compass, the MongoDB Connector for BI, MongoDB Charts (a mongodb-native data visualization dashboard), and a RDBMS to MongoDB schema recommendation tool and we are adding new projects every year.
Team members come from a broad range of experiences and specialties. From query optimization to data visualization experts, this team works with cutting edge tools and technologies such as Node.js, Go, React, kotlin, and Electron. The team is tasked with researching and finding solutions for challenging, unsolved problems.
The Director role reports directly to the SVP of Core Engineering and will collaborate extensively with the Core Database and Cloud Engineering teams.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Significant successful engineering management experience with multi-level teams greater than 20+ people
- Significant experience coding at some point in your career and an up to date knowledge of current technologies and trends
- A BS or higher in computer systems, computer science or a closely related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to articulate a technical approach to management
- Identifiable management contributions at a previous job
- Experience growing and mentoring a team, including responsibility for hiring
- Experience working with data visualization systems a plus
- Work Cross functionally with the Core Database Engineering team to achieve seamless solutions
- Partner with the 3rd party integration vendors
- Collaborate with the Cloud Engineering team to share technology solutions
- Help define and implement the strategic direction for MongoDB Enterprise Tools
- Research innovative solutions
- Oversee hiring of new team members and mentorship of existing team members
The Director, Enterprise Tools will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
Within three months:
- Understand the strengths and weakness of each member of your team
- Involved in recruitment of new team members
- Understand the roadmap and backlog for each team
- Forge a successful partnership with your manager and peers
Within six months
- Provide design and architectural guidance in extending current software and developing new software
- Identify what mentorship each individual needs to enable them to meet their goals
Within 12 months
- Contribute to the vision and growth of our team
- Your team is developing and strengthening their skills with your help
- You are trusted to oversee complex projects with many interdependencies
- Deliver at least one release of each product
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Your Dream Job
Andela, Anywhere (but ideally at one of our offices in New York, Lagos, Nairobi or Kampala)
Manager, Materials Innovation
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ
Key Account Associate of Seed Partnerships
Indigo, Memphis, TN
Happiness Ambassador (Part Time)
Oh My Green, San Francisco, CA
Account Manager - TOC Solutions