Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Services
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to help our users run MongoDB in the cloud at global scale. The Cloud Team is responsible for MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product. MongoDB Atlas allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
Our Senior Site Reliability Engineer will help build and support the best database management service for the leading document database server in the world. MongoDB’s Cloud Management service runs databases holding petabytes of data and processes over a billion metrics and tens of billions of backup operations every day. But we have barely begun. In the future, our online database service will auto-scale, self-heal and hide nearly all of the complexity of running a large scalable system.
This role can be based in either our New York City or Palo Alto office.
- Manage the infrastructure for a cloud service that processes a billion metrics per day, and replicates tens of billions of database writes to our backup service
- Design, implement, operate and troubleshoot the automation and monitoring of a service that seamlessly spans several data centers and several cloud providers
- Become an expert in MongoDB performance, helping us optimize from the application level all the way through the firmware
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation, and make trips to our data centers as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in multiple environments
- Improve our infrastructure capabilities, optimizing for cost, simplicity, and maintainability
- You are passionate about the revolution going on in information technology as core services migrate to the cloud
- You have experience running a mission critical service at scale
- A working knowledge of information security issues
- Prior experience as a systems administrator in a Linux environment
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond basic scripting
- Solid experience using configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Nice to haves
- Experience building large applications from scratch, complete with deployment tools
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- Experience in networking, security, hardware or OS performance tuning
- Experience with Google Compute, Microsoft Azure and other cloud services
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Senior Software Engineer in Test on Enterprise Excellence
Box, Redwood City, CA
Kraken Exchange, Remote
Education Quality Assurance Analyst
Prodigy Game, Burlington, Ontario
Senior Software Engineer
AppZen, San Jose, California