Cloud Operations Engineer, Technical Services
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB Atlas is the premier multi-cloud database-as-a-service built and operated by the makers of MongoDB. The Cloud Operations Engineering team at MongoDB is a worldwide team responsible for the consistent operational success of every MongoDB Atlas customer. As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will help ensure the success of our Atlas customers, whether they are early startups or large multinational companies, cloud-native or just getting started with a digital transformation to the cloud. You are excited about the core mission of MongoDB, and the opportunity to join the team responsible for operating Atlas, the fastest-growing multi-cloud database-as-a-service in the world. You are prepared to be one of the founding members of a 24/7/365 global cloud operations team.
Cloud Operations Engineers will be responsible for day-to-day duties such as creating and monitoring systems alert dashboards, reviewing critical event and system logs, accessing customer instances that underpin their production databases and performing server administration duties including performance troubleshooting. Applicants must be critical thinkers who are quick to detect, resolve, or escalate issues that are sometimes broad in scope and difficult to trace.
At MongoDB you will grow your career and skills, wear multiple hats, and be part of an operations team that works at the frontier of Cloud services and database systems.
- Successfully coordinate with a global team of Cloud Operations Engineers who are tasked with ensuring our uptime guarantees to our Atlas customer base
- Help scale the worldwide Cloud Operations Engineering team with the strategic implementation of new processes and tools
- Assist in scoping, designing and deploying systems that reduce Mean Time to Resolve for customer incidents
- Monitor and detect emerging customer-facing incidents on the Atlas platform; assist in their proactive resolution
- Automate routine monitoring and troubleshooting tasks
- Diagnose live incidents, differentiate between platform issues versus usage issues, and take the next steps toward resolution
- Cooperate with our product management and cloud engineering organizations by identifying areas for improvement in the management applications powering the Atlas infrastructure
- Inform executive leadership and escalation management personnel of major outages
- Coordinate and participate in a weekly on-call rotation, where you will handle short term customer incidents (from direct surveillance or through alerts via our Technical Services Engineers)
- Experience with being an oncall DevOps, SRE, or Cloud Operations engineer (at least 2 years)
- Expertise with Linux system administration and networking technologies like DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Knowledge of database operations and concepts
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other Cloud infrastructure platforms (e.g. GCP, Azure)
- Experience in monitoring, system performance data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Capability to write small programs/scripts to solve both short-term systems problems
- A CS/CE degree or equivalent experience
- A keen interest in learning new things
Nice To Have
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Care Specialist (m/w/d) / Kundenservice in Teilzeit
Philippines - Recoveries Team Lead
Trust and Safety Advisor
TripAdvisor, Boston, MA
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, D.C. (Georgetown)
Bonobos, Washington, D.C.
Optical Supervisor, Highland Village
Warby Parker, Houston, TX
Customer Service Teamlead