Senior Communications Manager
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
Are you looking for the chance to be part of a dynamic communications teams at the fastest growing data platform company in the world? Look no further. MongoDB has an opening for a senior communications manager to join its growing team.
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $84B+ by 2022!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. MongoDB was the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years, and its business is growing at ~60% year-on-year. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a senior communications manager, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and create engaging content that drives awareness of how MongoDB customers are using our solutions to change the world. You will work across the team to manage projects that involve analyst relations, media, social media, incident communications, employer brand and internal communications. You’ll be part of an energetic and global team and report in to our director of corporate communications.
As one of the team’s only generalists, you will be expected to execute on a broad range of communications challenges and work across the marketing organization and the company to help increase awareness of the company and elevate our brand.
- Work with key internal stakeholders (executive management, marketing, engineering and HR and your comms team peers) to execute communications campaigns that support business objectives
- Support and run aspects of the analyst relations program, including projects related ongoing interactions, major evaluations, and sales enablement
- Produce compelling content for a range of mediums including earned, owned, paid and shared media
- Capacity to glean meaningful insights from conversations from stakeholders and communicate the message back to an executive audience with constructive advice
- Aptitude to build consensus and help teams build together; represent the comms team on broader marketing team initiatives and manage comms-related deliverables
- Report qualitatively on comms team results to demonstrate the impact on marketing and business goals
- Become involved in cross-company initiatives such as speaker’s bureau, incident communications and events
Candidate will report to the director, corporate communications based in NYC.
- More than five years experience in B2B technology communications
- A mix of agency and in-house experience
- Experience managing global communications campaigns
- Proven track record working with industry analysts
- Excellent writing and project management skills
- A collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to translate complex technology into compelling stories
- Familiarity with integrated marketing campaigns and tactics
- Knowledge of the cloud and database space is a plus
- Ability to manage (and interpret) large scale research projects and data surveys
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Brand Knew, Los Angeles
Senior Facebook Ads Specialist
Marketing Director - Voom Brazil
Voom, São Paulo, Brazil
Local Marketing Associate (PT)
General Assembly, Atlanta, GA
Marketing Operations Manager
Curalate, Philadelphia, PA
Senior Manager, Tech Operations
The Trade Desk, New York, NY