Technical Services Engineer, Federal
MongoDB, Washington D.C. or Remote
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is on a mission to change the way people think about databases. Along the way, our customers encounter questions and issues about how our approach to databases works for their use case. In Technical Services, it's our job to help these people.
Cool things you’ll do
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers (TSE), Federal use their problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise Federal customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Federal TSEs are authorities in the entire MongoDB ecosystem - database server, drivers, our management suite, and services such as Cloud Manager (the online product we developed for customers for automation, backup, monitoring, and analysis of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve extraordinary results for our customers.
Why is MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
What you need
Federal TSEs are expected to have:
- Experience working with Federal agencies and large systems integrators on complex Federal projects
- TS/SCI with full scope polygraph (FSP) is recommended. Note: TS-only candidates will be considered
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas: software development, application architecture, systems administration, network administration, database administration, data architecture and design, or performance tuning and benchmarking. Extra bonus points if you’ve used those skills with highly concurrent systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases).
If you have an operations background, we prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack).
It’s crucial that you can check off all of these boxes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm as you deal with customer issues in real-time
- Desire and capacity to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
- Experience managing large scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Technical writing and/or training
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Previous work experience with JIRA and SalesForce Service Cloud
- Language skills (Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, German, Spanish, French are all plusses)
- This role is located in Washington DC or remote
“MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws”
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Representative (Fluent in Spanish) - Ontario
Shopify, Ontario, Canada
Manager, Customer Success
Qualtrics, Dublin, Ireland
Customer Relationship & Experience Manager
99, Sao Paulo
Technical Support Advocate, APAC
Medallia, Sydney, Australia
Food Product Manager
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Workfront, West Coast, USA