MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is seeking a Front-End Engineer for our Developer Productivity team. MongoDB’s products empower developers by helping them spend more of their time writing their application and less time worrying about storing and accessing their data. The Developer Productivity team, which serves our entire engineering organization, strives to make developers at MongoDB more successful by constantly improving our development tools to help create and deliver high-quality software.
This role is focused on Evergreen, our open-source continuous integration system, and adjacent projects, making them easier to operate by creating powerful tools and intuitive user interface.
We’re looking for a Front-End Engineer who understands how to create and develop user interfaces for developers, has the desire to constantly improve the codebase and the product, and wants to enable others to do their job more effectively. The candidate will care deeply about automated testing, maintainable code, and improving software engineering for those around them.
The right candidate for this role will
- Be dedicated to writing maintainable, well-tested code, with modern best practices
- Have the ability to develop and own the long-term strategy for the user interface
- Have an interest in learning Go
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a daily release cycle
- Be introspective about their own workflows and interested in improving the developer experience for the engineering organization
- Be effective at requirements gathering, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Be an expert resource for user interface development for the team
- Create a system within which other engineers can contribute to UI development and maintenance
- Write production-grade software as part of Evergreen and adjacent projects
- Grow Evergreen into a platform that not only provides developers a world-class continuous integration experience but also allows us to build and test a world-class user interface
- Integrate the development of user interface features directly into Evergreen's general feature development
- Work with the MongoDB engineering organization throughout the full software development cycle
- Ensure a high level of service quality throughout our systems
The Front-End Engineer will be successful in this role when they
- Create a new Evergreen UI built in React and TypeScript
- Create a process and mechanism for testing the Evergreen UI
- Design and build user interfaces and visualizations to expose data about results of continuous integration tasks
- Participate in the design and implementation of API routes to support a new user interface
- Create a release process and cadence for Evergreen user interface
- Propose and design novel user features to make data easier to understand and manipulate
- Mentor other engineers in user interface development
- Improve the developer experience for the engineering team
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Leader - Simulator Development
Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Senior Technical Program Coordinator, Developer Education
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Wellington, New Zealand
Senior Backend Engineer
Reddit, Los Angeles
Senior Privacy and Cybersecurity Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles