Human Resources Manager (APAC)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere. Due to continued growth we’re looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our global HR Business Partner and Employee Services team. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic & collaborative team who are passionate about what they do then please read on!
We are the team responsible for making sure we have the right people in the right roles, with the skills and resources needed for success. If you are passionate and driven about enabling great talent, contributing to an innovative and diverse culture and are focused on being the best you can be, then this could be the right team and role for you!
In the HR Manager role, you will provide your HR expertise to employees and leadership across the region in the areas of employment guidance, feedback, employee relations, development and coaching, compensation and benefits, and competitive employment standards.
The position is a critical role for our team in APAC, based in our Sydney Office it will report to the International Head of Employee Services.
Local Employee Relations and HR Support
- Partner with the regional leadership team to drive business results and people development in a highly dynamic and rapidly growing business environment
- Apply HR expertise and understanding of MongoDB’s business to deliver input and lead quality solutions in areas such as employee engagement and employee relations
- Act as a strategic advisor on employment actions in the countries supported; conduct investigations as needed in compliance with local labor regulations
- Meet regularly and proactively with department managers and provide HR guidance to them on topics such as: compensation, organizational change, retention management, compliance with local employment law, engagement, development, etc.
- Identify, create, implement and maintain policies and procedures that ensure the company remains fully compliant with changes to employment law (by country) and for ensuring that these practices are implemented consistently
Global Projects and Engagement
- Partner with global HR Business Partner team to roll out key people processes & programs locally (check-ins, compensation reviews, benefits, development programs, HR Operations)
- Work with leaders and employees to create a positive and engaging work culture aligning people decisions with core values
- Support the seamless service to employees in APAC on all operational elements (e.g. Benefits, payroll, onboarding) while escalating to appropriate teams as needed
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal as needed/required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Background & Experience
- 7+ years of relevant HR experience as an HR Manager, HR Generalist or HR Business Partner, ideally in a rapidly growing technology business
- Experience supporting global/distributed organizations strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Australian employment law and regulations, with broader APAC employment law knowledge a distinct advantage
- Person specifications
- Focused on continuous personal development
- Consistently strives to drive improvements within the culture and with People practices / processes
- Ability to work with, and influence, a diverse cross section of the organization
- Act as a key change agent to initiate, facilitate and manage changes through effective planning, communication and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and guide People team members as needed, and navigate through change while staying focused on resolving critical items
- Self-motivated and assertive - ability to hunt down answers and drive solutions autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible to travel periodically
MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. The world’s most sophisticated organizations, from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies, use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 9 million downloads, thousands of customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners. Learn more at www.mongodb.com.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Executive Assistant / Persönliche Assistenz des Senior Managements (m/w/x)
Recruiting Programs Coordinator (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Recruiter
Bishop Fox, All
Senior HR Business Partner, Engineering
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
People Team Coordinator
Collective Health, Lehi, UT