Senior Technical Services Engineer (APAC)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
Tens of thousands of organizations, from startups to the Fortune 100, use MongoDB for their mission-critical applications. MongoDB customers look to our Technical Services team to ensure that they are successful with their next generation MongoDB projects, in domains as diverse as the Internet of Things, advanced scientific research, medical systems, agriculture, gaming, media, telecommunications and finance.
Technical Services Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are experts in the entire MongoDB ecosystem database server, drivers, and services such as the Cloud Manager. Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
You will be a key part of our world class Technical Services organization that supports MongoDB customers around the globe, with teams in New York, Austin, Palo Alto, Sydney, Dublin and Tel Aviv.
Cool things you’ll do
- Work with customers to solve their challenging MongoDB technical problems
- Advise customers on best practices for architecting, developing and deploying their MongoDB applications
- Improve the quality of MongoDB by reproducing customer problems and writing crystal clear bug reports including reproducible functional tests
- Be an advocate for our customers’ needs, interfacing with the MongoDB product management and development teams on their behalf
- Contribute to internal technical projects, including software development of support tools, performance benchmarking, and building documentation and training guides
- Optional, but encouraged: interact with the MongoDB community at meetups, conferences and in online forums
What you need
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
The ideal candidate should have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Software development
- Application architecture
- Systems administration
- Network administration
- Database administration
- Data architecture and design
- Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Highly concurrent systems
- Technical support or enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases)
Strong experience in administering large-scale production environments in one or more of the following:
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
- Networks (Firewalls, Load Balancers)
- CloudBased Resources (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in realtime
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork skills: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and good judgment to know when to seek help
- Expert experience using Linux and Windows platforms
Nice to haves
- Experience managing large scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Technical writing and/or training
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Language skills (Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, German, French are all plusses)
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and equity
- Regular performance, compensation and development reviews
- Unlimited vacation policy means a flexible way to take time off
- 20 weeks Maternity & Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
We commit to creating a culture of inclusion by seeking and valuing employees from different backgrounds and circumstances. This is cultivated by learning from and respecting each other’s differences. We firmly believe that everyone deserves to feel valued and safe in the workplace, and we acknowledge that underrepresented groups may not always feel this way. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the best way to broaden our perspectives, foster innovation, and enable a sustainable competitive advantage.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Support Analyst
Looker, Santa Cruz
Instacart, Sterling, VA
Technical Support Engineer
Onapsis, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Principal Consultant - CX Solutions
Customer Support Specialist (Evening Shift)
Director, Employee Technology
Netflix, Los Angeles, California