Senior UI/UX Engineer, Technical Operations
MongoDB, New York City or Remote
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB seeks an experienced front-end engineer to help level-up TechOps. Central to TechOps’ ability to provide the myriad of technical resources utilized daily by all company employees, the Engineering Corps is the first team called upon to realize and develop technical solutions to problems facing individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The team is comprised of back-end-heavy full-stack engineers with a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers, and is looking for front-end-heavy full-stack engineers to modernize its existing projects and grow its internal service offerings by an order of magnitude.
Our ideal candidate
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Experienced in writing front-end technologies (Angular a big plus, React also nifty) and familiar with back-end development (Python a huge plus)
- Familiar with the factors that impact UX and proficient in designing intuitive systems
- Experienced performing usability testing and analyzing the results
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Familiar with git, testing, and CI/CD strategies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset to identify new project opportunities
- Work with teams across MongoDB to understand their workflows and design technical solutions to execute them more efficiently/effectively
- Develop internal tools that are reliable, scalable, and intuitive to use
- Partner with Product Design to perform usability testing and ensure excellent UX across all the team’s applications
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for new projects
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with much of our application portfolio, make regular contributions, and help to resolve incidents and respond to user requests.
- In six months you will have taken ownership over our major UIs and dramatically improved the UX
- In a year you will have too many pleased customers to do everything they ask of you. You will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability, and adoption of our services.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
Senior Software Engineer-Singapore Labs
Pivotal Software, Singapore
Senior Software Engineer, Devops
Narvar, Bengaluru, India
Software Development Engineer - Backend
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Software Engineer - Motion Planning
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Acorns, Portland, OR