Field Marketing Coordinator, West
MongoDB, San Francisco or Palo Alto
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is looking for a talented and results-driven Field Marketing Coordinator to support the team in executing strategic and community events, and account based marketing programs. This function provides key support to the sales and marketing teams.
This role works in close alignment with the sales and marketing teams to drive MongoDB’s value proposition and go-to-market strategy to support sales and developer advocacy goals. Key responsibilities include planning, organizing, and executing events and field marketing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities.
The role will report into the Field Marketing Manager (West).
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years event planning experience and account management/marketing experience in a technology company
- Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment (ROI) by tracking results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Docs
- Eloqua/Salesforce experience a plus
- Familiarity with Jira a plus
- Problem solving skills
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities and help other team members as needed
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- Closely integrate with the Senior Field Marketing Manager and Field Marketing teams, supporting the needs of their territory and executing account-based marketing strategies
- Work with field marketing team to coordinate MongoDB sponsored tradeshows and events from end to end
- Organize team meetings for each event
- Project manage set-up of landing pages, registration, e-mail campaigns, timelines, and deadlines
- Source venues for MongoDB Field Marketing events
- Set up and track budgets
- Assist with creative ways of marketing MongoDB events
- Manage show shipments (banners, swag, handouts, deliverables)
- Provide reports on campaign performance
- Track year-over-year performance of your programs
- Collect and upload event lead data and surveys immediately post-event
- Coordinate speaker logistics including A/V requirements and set up details
- Support our flagship event, MongoDB World
- 30-50% travel to domestic markets
The Field Marketing Coordinator will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your Field Marketing team, understand their regional plans, and begin supporting field marketing programs
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed pipeline acceleration events, and supported the field marketing team in account based programs
- In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationships across internal MongoDB teams and have executed MongoDB sponsored conferences and play a key role in supporting regional account based marketing programs, maintained flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to ensure success, and have a stake in future programming
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.