Full Stack Software Engineer (EMEA)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Ops Manager team. You will be responsible for building services and applications which deploy the largest MongoDB clusters in the world.
Ops Manager is part of our Cloud Services team, which is a diverse group working together to help our users run MongoDB at global scale. Our code enables users to deploy and backup fault-tolerant, monitored, globally-distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes.
The right candidate for this role will have:
- Development experience, or the flexibility to learn a wide array of technologies, including MongoDB, Java, Go, Amazon Web Services, CloudFoundry, Kubernetes and more
- The ability to work closely with teams across the company, or directly with users to gather requirements, design projects and lead them through execution. We learn by shipping, so being ready to adapt to meet new or changing requirements is a must
- The mindset to identify opportunities that would benefit our customers, to describe, propose and advocate for them to the team and others.
- Full-stack software development experience
- Ability to collaborate with other members of team, as well as to work independently
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate in requirements-gathering, design, building proofs-of-concept, and in implementation and delivery
- Ability to express complex technical concepts, both verbally and in writing
- Some experience working with databases in production at scale (either as an application developer or running them yourself)
- Experience with a major cloud provider, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Azure is a nice-to-have. The same for on-premises Cloud Orchestration frameworks, like Kubernetes, OpenShift or CloudFoundry.
You will be successful in this role when you can execute on the following:
- Technical: Deliver highly complex projects that meet user needs, are reliable, well-tested and are extensible into the future. Help our customers be successful with MongoDB
- Communication: Successfully communicate goals, intentions and progress with team members, other teams and Product management. Collaborate on delivering the best possible work. Mentor and teach less experienced colleagues. Tell our story both internally and externally, building both your and MongoDB’s profile
- Culture: Apply our Company Values to all your work. Help build our company culture with empathy, awareness and curiosity all while shipping and excellent product to the world
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solutions Engineer - Public Sector
Cloudflare, Washington D.C.
JW Player, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Lead Front End Engineer
Mason Finance, San Francisco, CA
Data Analyst, Finance
Thrive Market, Los Angeles, CA