Account Development Representative
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
Our account development team are the next wave of account executives in MongoDB. We view our account development program as the perfect way to turbocharge a long and successful career in sales. In MongoDB, our AD team work closely with our partners in both sales and marketing to create fanatical customer enthusiasm in MongoDB. AD reps are responsible for identifying and qualifying new opportunities for our sales organization.
To aid in this endeavor, we invest heavily in the training and development of our team. This includes a week long global sales bootcamp in New York HQ, weekly group learnings, weekly 1-1 coaching, global group trainings and regular subject matter expert sessions. By joining our team, you are making an investment in yourself that will accelerate the rest of your sales career.
First 90 Days
- By the end of month 1 in MongoDB, you will
- Have met your new team, found your desk and had fun playing with some new toys
- Know the wider Austin family well
- Have a good understanding of what makes MongoDB’s product offerings so special
- Be ready to travel to New York and take your learning to the next level
- Understand how our account development, marketing and account executive teams all work together
- By the end of month 2, you will
- Have had a successful sales bootcamp in our New York HQ
- Be comfortable talking to clients on the phone about MongoDB
- Have worked with our account executive team on your first opportunity
- Have shadowed “bazillions” of calls and practiced a “humongous” amount of role plays
- Started delivering your ramp quota
- By the end of month 3, you will
- Know our sales funnel inside and out, and feel confident to add value to our sales org
- Show clear delivery of our sales methodologies
- Provide insights to both our account development organization and marketing organization to help us to continue to iterate and improve
- Delivered against your ramp quota
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
- Identify high-potential businesses that would be a good fit to work with MongoDB across North America and LATAM
- Work with the sales team to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meetings for the sales team
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly lead development quota
- Build strong relationships with our marketing team and Account Executives, where we pull together to maximize the win for our business
- Invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
We’re looking for someone with
- 1-2+ years of strong sales or customer service experience
- A self-starter with a track record of hitting and exceeding goals
- Superior communication skills including both phone and written communication as well as active listening
- Phenomenal character with an incredible drive for success, high work ethic, curious by nature and obsessed with smashing sales goals
- Proven time management skills and ability to work either independently or through coaching
- Desire to work in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn new and exciting IT software products, as well as, understand business critical solutions quickly
Life in MongoDB
- Our Austin office culture
- MongoDB's Headquarters for NA Account Development and Corporate Sales
- Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT, Legal
- Regular group outings and parties
- Employee affinity groups, Fun Teams, etc.
- Our Benefits
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance through Cigna
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Corporate Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Our Core Values
- Think Big, Go Far: We are big dreamers with a passion for creativity. We eagerly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption.
- Make It Matter: We are relentless in our pursuit of meaningful impact. We think strategically and are clear on what we are and are not trying to do.
- Build Together: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization.
- Embrace the Power of Differences: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization.
- Be Intellectually Honest: We embrace reality. We apply high-quality thinking and rigor. We have courage in our convictions but work hard to ensure biases or personal beliefs do not get in the way of finding the best solution.
- Own What You Do: We take ownership and are accountable for everything that we do. We empower and we are empowered to make things happen, and balance independence with interdependence.
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can feel very alien to many people. There’s some things we’d like you to know if you are considering working with us.
- Most importantly: WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. Our aim is not to catch you or make life difficult. When we interview, we’re trying to figure out a couple of things
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team
- Would you love working here and be a positive influence in our team
- Would you be able to grow and become more during your time here
- We aim to provide a lot of feedback through our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves. Hopefully you will gain a lot of positive experience through this but if not we’d love your feedback
- When you’re preparing to interview (either with us or someone else), you’ll often be sharing stories of your past. A great way to frame this is with the STAR model: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained
- We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how that sets us apart
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.