Senior Engineer, Cloud Services - Ops Manager Team (EMEA)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The Cloud Services team develops software to run MongoDB at global scale.
Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes. Ops Manager is our tool for the establishing, monitoring and managing MongoDB clusters both in-house and on cloud platforms.
As a server-side engineer, you will work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, writing code that helps store petabytes of data all over the world, touching millions of users daily. Ops Manager customers are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
- Are well-organised and comfortable prioritising & acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- Are flexible! You'll be joining a small team, so must be willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- Have experience working with remote teams
- Design, implement, test and release features for Ops Manager and related products
- Work in an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer
- Incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values to your work; be it in planning, design, outreach or coding
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers troubleshoot operational issues with customers
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack web applications, multi-threading, asynchronous and/or distributed systems
- Experience working with systems in production
Nice to haves
- Experience with MongoDB or other sharded/distributed datastores
- Comfortable with modern frontend web development (we use backbone & react)
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure - AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), Azure, and/or using Containers & Container Orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry)
- Some experience writing software for and administering Windows & Linux
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Hadoop Engineer
Drawbridge, San Mateo, CA
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Modern Data Architect
Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Terminus, San Francisco, CA
React Native Engineer
Flexport, San Francisco, CA