Senior Engineer, Ops Manager (EMEA)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The Cloud Services team are a diverse group of individuals who develop software to run MongoDB at global scale.
Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes. Ops Manager is our tool for managing MongoDB clusters in-house and on private cloud platforms.
As a server-side engineer, you will work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, writing code that helps store petabytes of data all over the world, touching millions of users daily. Ops Manager customers are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
Make your mark as a member of this new team in our Dublin office!
This role will report to the Lead Engineer, Ops Manager at MongoDB.
A great fit for this role will be
- Well-organised and comfortable prioritising & acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- You're flexible! You'll be joining a small team, so you're willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- Experience working on, or with, a remote team (the entire Ops Manager team is in Dublin, with most of Cloud Services are in New York)
- Design, implement, test and release features for Cloud Manager and Ops Manager
- Work in an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer
- Incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values to your work; be it in planning, design, outreach or coding
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers troubleshoot operational issues with customers
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack web applications, multi-threading, asynchronous and/or distributed systems
- Coding in one or more languages. Interest in Java or Go a plus
- Experience working directly with production systems
Nice to haves
- Experience with MongoDB is a big plus!
- Familiarity with modern frontend web development
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure (aws, google, azure), using Containers & Container Orchestration platforms (docker, kubernetes, aurora, openshift, cloudfront)
- Some experience administering Windows & Linux servers
MongoDB is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Architect (Java)
Manager- Enterprise Security
Box, Redwood City, CA
Tech Lead - Java - US
N26, New York City
Lead Software Engineer in Test
Accuweather, New York, NY
Member of Technical Staff, Front End
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Product Manager - Identity Services
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA