Team Lead, MongoDB Enterprise Tools
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB (NASDAQ: MDB) is the leading noSQL solution to work with humongous amounts of data. As the pioneer delivering the most popular distributed, scalable document database, MongoDB is always on the cutting-edge of technology. Our growing NYC office works closely with other groups in the company located around the world.
Our team is seeking a Team Lead with an eye for detail and the enthusiasm to apply their skills and contribute to our fast-growing team. You will lead a NYC based team developing a brand-new product. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with product management and design teams in order to help drive the design and feature inclusion within this cutting-edge product.
The product is a uniquely intuitive, and visual product which empowers users to explore and design highly complex schemas in massive distributed databases. Be a part of creating innovative new products that will help push the database industry forward. The application is built on a modern web stack using Node.js, HTML5, CSS3, React and Github's Electron as well as some C++ and Kotlin utilizing the latest web technologies to deliver a unified desktop experience for Mac, Windows and Linux.
If you like a challenging, fast moving environment delivering a completely new GUI experience to our customers we would love to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate will have
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Experience using Relational Databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- Capable of juggling coding and management tasks
- Experience across the full Node.js stack and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and skills
- Java or other JVM language experience
- Be a mentor, a communicator, a coder, a partner, a team builder
- Possess a passion for building beautiful software
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for mentoring and teaching
- Experience across the full node.js stack and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and skills
- Have experience working with a remote teams and agile development processes that successfully delivered multiple products
- Some MongoDB experience is a plus
- You will equally code, design, mentor and lead your team
- Using agile techniques, you will be responsible for delivering complete features on a predictable and regular schedule with an international (US/EU) based team
- You will review your team’s code and be responsible for delivering quality features on time
- You will grow and recruit new team members
- Train and motivate your team
- Some minor amount of travel may be necessary to meet with remote team members and attend trade conferences
The Team Lead will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
Within three months
- Understand the strengths and weakness of each member of your team
- Regularly provide valuable code review feedback
- Understand and contribute code to a number of components
- Forged a successful partnership with your manager and peers
Within six months
- Provide design and architectural guidance in extending current software and developing new software.
- Identify what mentorship each individual needs to enable them to meet their goals
- Deliver features on predictable time frames
Within 12 months
- You will contribute to the vision and growth of our team
- You will will be involved in our recruitment of new team members
- Your team is developing and strengthening their skills with your help
- You will be trusted to execute complex projects
- Deliver at least one release of our products
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.