Technical Services Engineer (EMEA)
MongoDB, Dublin & Tel Aviv
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are experts in the entire MongoDB ecosystem - database server, drivers, cloud and infrastructure. This also includes services such as Atlas (database as a service), or Cloud Manager (which helps customers with automation, backup and monitoring of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to help our customers to be successful with MongoDB.
Cool things you’ll do
You'll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex challenges - resolving questions on architecture, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You'll be an expert resource on best practices in running MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. You'll be an advocate for customers' needs - interfacing with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you'll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics.
What you need
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
The ideal candidates should have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Systems administration
- Distributed systems
- Network administration
- Database architecture and administration
- Application architecture
- Data architecture and design, or
- Performance tuning and benchmarking.
If you have an operations background, we prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and equity
- Free lunches Tuesdays and Fridays, catered breakfast Monday through Friday and unlimited free snacks, refreshments and drinks
- VHI Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance and life assurance
- Bike to work scheme, commuter tax saver scheme, secure bike storage
- Regular performance, compensation and development reviews
- Unlimited vacation policy means a flexible way to take time off
- 20 weeks Maternity & Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
- Wellness programme with classes in local gym
We commit to creating a culture of inclusion by seeking and valuing employees from different backgrounds and circumstances. This is cultivated by learning from and respecting each other’s differences. We firmly believe that everyone deserves to feel valued and safe in the workplace, and we acknowledge that underrepresented groups may not always feel this way. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the best way to broaden our perspectives, foster innovation, and enable a sustainable competitive advantage.
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Rover Now - Demand Acquisition
Senior Solution Delivery Manager (Munich)
Qualtrics, Munich, Germany
Lead Software Engineer (IDR Event Sources)
Rapid7, Belfast, UK
Blue Star Sports
Lead Software Engineer
Blue Star Sports, Denver, CO
Senior Software Engineer (Ad Server)
AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA