Professional Services Operations Specialist
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB Professional Services exist to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernising legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
The Professional Services (PS) Operations Specialist will be part of a global Operations team. This role is responsible for the overall operations of MongoDB Services in North America alongside another Operations Specialist in this region. This is a key, busy and cross-functional role working closely with clients, sales, consultants, and the finance and legal teams to ensure successful delivery of services. This role is primarily responsible for project staffing and resource scheduling on a broad range of consulting engagements. In parallel, this role focuses on developing and implementing best practices and initiatives for our growing Services team. This role will report to the Director of Operations, Worldwide PS.
- Projects Delivery
- Staff projects and schedule resources on a broad range of consulting engagements
- Work strongly with the Regional PS Managers and Project Managers, become their trusted partner and strategize on how best to engage with customers and their specific needs
- Interact closely and in a timely and professional manner with MongoDB clients to ensure the successful delivery of services purchased and prevent cancellations
- Pro-actively manage the backlog of consulting engagements and anticipate services changes such as extensions or conversions in alignment with the company policies
- Ensure team utilization targets are met
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and referenceability
- PS Team Operations
- Ensure weekly and monthly time tracking submissions and approvals meet the org deadlines
- Support the onboarding and offboarding of new hires and contractors
- Develop, implement, document and enforce best practices that can continually enhance MongoDB Services and its scale
- Drive awareness and compliance of the org policies
- PS Business Operations
- Report and forecast on team utilization targets
- Track all consulting engagements within Financial Force which is our PSA tool
Skills and behaviours
- A Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree preferred
- Proven track record of managing operations for fast growing teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication is required
- Must be proactive and able to use initiative with a willingness to learn on the job
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to last minute changes
- Passion for driving scale, operational excellence and efficiencies
- Ability to prioritize, highlight risk and escalate as appropriate
- Ability to establish credibility with business owners from around the organization and to create strong partnerships with other teams
- Flexible in approach with a can-do and positive attitude
- Previous experience in customer success roles or consulting is a plus
- Previous experience using FinancialForce is a plus
- Communication: Build strong relationships and keep stakeholders accountable, manage expectations and risks with a wide range of audiences.
- Operational excellence: Comply with the team and PS org day to day processes at all times. Suggest processes and controls that seamlessly adapt to the business growth and changes over time.
- Proactive mindset: Think forward, anticipate how to best juggle resources and the backlog and bring the necessary stakeholders to the equation to prevent last minute emergencies
- Problem solving: Collect, analyze challenges and bring solutions to the table
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.