Lead Engineer, Stitch
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB Stitch is a new backend as a service that lets you directly access MongoDB anywhere and interact with other services such as AWS, Twilio, and general HTTP services. Stitch is backed by a powerful, easy to use rule system called QueryAnywhere, serverless functions, database triggers, and Stitch Mobile Sync.
The Stitch team owns the integration of Stitch with MongoDB Mobile, the SDKs for Stitch (Stitch currently supports SDKs for IOS, Android and Web/Node), and Stitch Mobile Sync. MongoDB Mobile enables developers to store data locally on mobile devices and Stitch Mobile Sync allows that local data to be synchronized with Atlas in realtime. These products are critical to Stitch, empowering developers to deliver apps across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 3+ years of experience with developing and contributing to internal/external libraries/SDKs
- Have 2+ years in a management position
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Have a love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- Have a desire for continuous learning of new technologies, languages, and platforms
- Possess the skills of a mentor, an effective communicator, an engineer, and a team leader
- Possess the ability to self-start and improve themselves, the team, and our technologies
- Have some experience with MongoDB
- Collaborate with teams across the company including Product and Design
- Contribute to code across all of the SDKs
- Balance your time between coding, designing, mentorship, and leading your team
- Participate in the code review process
- Use agile practices to deliver features on a predictable schedule
- Grow and recruit new team members
- Work with team to design and implement new features
The Lead Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the SDKs
- Know how to communicate effectively with other teams to achieve a common goal
- Can be a source of guidance and advice to their own team members and other teams
- Build a relationship with their team around trust
- Are able to plan and execute on delivering features on a predictable basis while working with Product and Design
- Can forge a path to planning, executing, and delivering features while working cross-functionally with our Product and Design teams
- Have a vision for the future of the product and can articulate the way forward
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Monitoring
Box, Redwood City, CA
Software Entwicklerin (m/w)
ChowNow, Los Angeles, CA
HealthTap, Palo Alto
Technical Leader / Scrum Master (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Tourcoing
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley