Lead Mobile Engineer, Cloud Services, Stitch
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB Stitch, is a new backend as a service that lets you directly access MongoDB anywhere and interact with other services such as AWS S3, SES, GitHub, and Twilio. Stitch is backed by declarative rules and functions, that create your code that we run for you.
The Stitch Mobile team will own the integration of Stitch with MongoDB Mobile as well as all of the SDKs for Stitch (Stitch currently supports SDKs for IOS, Android and Web/Node). The mobile MongoDB effort will allow developers to have a local instance of MongoDB on their mobile devices and get the same API they expect to use with MongoDB anywhere else within the mobile SDKs. These SDKs are critical to Stitch, allowing developers to deliver the same app across multiple platforms.
The ideal candidate will have...
- 5+ years of experience with developing apps/libraries on mobile platforms
- 3+ years in a management position
- Expertise in one of iOS or Android library development
- A love for designing and implementing ergonomic APIs
- A desire for continuous learning of new technologies, languages, and platforms
- The skills of a mentor, an effective communicator, an engineer, and a team leader
- The ability to self-start and improve themselves, the team, and our technologies
- Some experience in distributed systems
- Some experience with Go or C++
- Some experience with MongoDB
- Collaborate with teams across the company including Product and Design
- Contribute to code across all of the SDKs
- Balance your time between coding, designing, mentorship, and leading your team
- Participate in the code review process
- Use agile practices to deliver features on a predictable schedule
- Grow and recruit new team members
- Work with team to design and implement new features
The Lead Mobile Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the SDKs
- Know how to communicate effectively with other teams to achieve a common goal
- Can be a source of guidance and advice to their own team members and other teams
- Build a relationship with their team around trust
- Are able to plan and execute on delivering features on a predictable basis while working with Product and Design
- Can forge a path to planning, executing, and delivering features while working cross-functionally with our Product and Design teams
- Have a vision for the future of the product and can articulate the way forward
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technical Project Manager, Privacy & Compliance
Senior Program Manager - Content Operations
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
PHP Back-end Engineer - Madrid
Splash, Madrid Office
Flight Test Engineer
Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Systems, Identity & Security
Box, Redwood City, CA
Algorithms and Signal Processing Intern
Velodyne, San Jose