Director, Field Marketing AMER
MongoDB, Austin, New York City, Palo Alto, or San Francisco
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $97B+ by 2023!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading, modern, data platform, and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Director, Field Marketing of AMER will be responsible for driving adoption, pipeline and revenue growth for MongoDB products through an integrated field marketing plan. You’ll target enterprise accounts and specific verticals by running field programs to fill the funnel and accelerate to close.
You’ll partner with sales, account-based marketing, partner marketing, and demand generation stakeholders to ensure your field marketing teams create and curate engaging programs that accelerate the sales cycle and improve conversion to customers. Throughout, you’ll experiment with new approaches and tools, and be disciplined and analytical in measuring programs across AMER and you consistently share results up and across the organization. You are a data and results driven marketer, a role model to your team, and you are a partner to your cross-functional stakeholders. You are a team player, ready to roll up your sleeves and get the job done!
The role will report into the Senior Director, Global Account-Based & Partner Marketing, and Field Marketing North America.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years of field marketing experience and account management/marketing experience in a enterprise software, B2B SaaS or technology company
- Experience with account based marketing a plus
- Experience with developer marketing a plus
- Highly results driven with outstanding analytical ability. Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment (ROI) by tracking results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- Executional excellence; able to consistently deliver on time and within budget
- Highly effective and successful team management experience, experience managing remote teams
- Experience working cross functionally with sales or customer success teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite for Business
- Expertise with CRM and Marketing Automation systems such as; Salesforce, Eloqua, Jira and Terminus
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to think strategically and able to shift priorities when needed, while being willing and able to help other team members as needed
- High energy with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- 30-50% travel to domestic markets, when travel resumes
- Build, own and execute the field marketing plan for AMER. This plan will help MongoDB to effectively grow and accelerate pipeline through account-based marketing programs, digital, web, webinars, tradeshows, regional events, pipeline acceleration events, annual user conferences, customer and partner content and/or activations
- Lead a team of regional field marketing managers to execute regional marketing programs that will deliver significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth to hit targets
- Be a trusted partner and leader for the Field Marketing team, working with the managers and coordinators to ensure their success
- Be a trusted partner to the AMER sales leadership team by understanding and supporting the needs of each territory through careful and calculated planning of marketing strategies and programs that accelerate deal velocity
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Work with your team to develop strategies to expand usage of MongoDB across enterprise accounts, across different personas within accounts from developers to c-level
- Understanding how to develop end to end marketing programs across multiple enterprise accounts, for example scalable programs
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Working in collaboration with the ABM CoE to create account based marketing and lead generation programs that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth for enterprise accounts
- Work closely with the Field Marketing Managers across the AMER regions to ensure our regional plans are aligned with both sales and marketing goals and objectives
- Work with the strategic events team on “MongoDB local” programs on timing and location selections
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in all field marketing materials and communication
- Communicate and educate the sales leaders regarding new and planned marketing initiatives including global, regional, and local programs
- Ensure your team is informed and communicates effectively across to their regional partners and account executives.
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and set up processes to effectively measure outcomes
- Work closely with your manager to review and analyze performance across your region
- Support our flagship events and sponsored conferences, for example MongoDB World and AWS Re:invent
- Manage the AMER field marketing budget
The Director of Field Marketing AMER will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your your team, cross functional stakeholder and manager to understand the marketing goals and objectives across the AMER enterprise accounts, understand how and where to review our marketing success metrics and begin to analyze regional campaign performance across the entire marketing funnel
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have made recommendations on field marketing programs and processes to accelerate growth opportunities, and have started to become a trusted partner to your field marketing team, sales leaders and manager
- In 12 months you’ll have fostered relationships across internal MongoDB teams and have developed both strategic and scalable ABM programs, leveraged data to make informed decisions to ensure tremendous ROI on field marketing executed programs, revamped eprocess and enhanced communication across your team, maintained flawless documentation and reporting of all programs to demonstrate proven success, and have a stake in future programming
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.