Senior Product Manager, Cloud Services
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
MongoDB is looking for an outstanding product manager to take on a senior role in our products organization focused on MongoDB Ops Manager. Ops Manager is MongoDB’s private cloud/on-prem management suite, including comprehensive management, monitoring, and backup for customer MongoDB environments.
MongoDB Ops Manager is a tentpole offering in the MongoDB Enterprise Advanced subscription, and is used by MongoDB’s highest revenue-generating enterprise customers with some of the most demanding, multi-faceted, mission critical workloads.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team at the center of sales, marketing, and engineering for a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $45B market. The team leads product direction, packaging, and pricing for the fastest growing database technology.
The right candidate for this role will have
- Product management experience with a complex technical product
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering software products to market
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- Domain knowledge in at least one of the following: data center automation; database management; distributed systems; IT operations and monitoring
- Familiarity with open source technologies
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar discipline. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in relevant domain a plus
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- In this highly visible position, lead collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Advocate for our customers with passion about operational performance, predictability, and security
- Align your product’s roadmap with the other MongoDB products to ensure that the company achieves its objectives
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- Communication: Successfully communicate the product roadmap internally and externally, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Research: Collect and analyze feedback from both internal and external sources so we deepen our understanding of all clients
- Customer Service: Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- Deliver products to market
Our Story MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick. At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick. MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Product Manager - Programmable Voice Media & SDKs
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Product Specialist / Sales Development
Senior Product Manager
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
BarkBox, New York, NY
CX Product Expert: Billing and Payments
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland