Consulting Engineer, Remote Services (APAC)
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing our distributed team of consulting engineers and is building a new team to deliver remote consulting services to further our ongoing plans for worldwide growth!
MongoDB Professional Services works with customers of all shapes and sizes in all verticals, from tier-1 banks to small web startups, on a variety of interesting use cases from e-commerce platforms to trading systems to social media applications. Tackle interesting problems, gain incredible cross-stack experience, work with the best and brightest people in the business, network with industry leaders, and see new places - all in a day’s work!
MongoDB consulting exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to the cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
Be one of the recognized specialists in this rapidly growing field in a high-growth software company successfully challenging the status quo of the database industry.
You will get an opportunity to work with Global customers (APAC, EMEA, and North America) So this would require you to work in monthly rotational shifts.
We will be providing Cab for the pick-up & Drop, (Night Shift Allowances will be given & Cab’s aren’t chargeable)
We are looking for candidates who have a strong development background along with Systems Architecture experience and want to make their career in Consulting Engineering, This role isn't limited to the software development or support, it involves less coding but more Consulting, Architectural designing/High Availability system designing, Solutioning, Migration, Optimization, customer handling, etc. The ideal candidate should be a highly technical individual, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and comfortable working remotely to match customer time zones for our Atlas customers.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic skills, and problem-solving skills
- High motivation for a role that combines deep technical and customer-management dimensions
- Confidence speaking and presenting in a collaborative customer setting
- 5+ years of software development/consulting/support experience, preferably in a number of distinct industries/verticals
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Linux diagnostics and tuning; Windows tuning knowledge is a plus
- Experience working with public cloud technologies specifically AWS, Azure & GCP
- Should be ready to and comfortable working in shifts to match the customer time zone/s during the working week
As a core member of the MongoDB Professional Services team, you will
- Contribute to helping migrate customers from self-hosted MongoDB on-prem/cloud to Atlas
- Contribute to customer implementations at any or all phases of the application lifecycle: portfolio assessment, application planning, and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and standard methodologies adoption
- Work as part of a wider delivery team comprising fellow consulting engineers, project managers, and account teams
- Cultivate your individual MongoDB reputation as a trusted advisor to guide MongoDB and our customers into the future
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to influence the direction of the MongoDB product roadmap
As a Consulting Engineer, you will be successful in this role when you can execute the following
- Become a field specialist in “everything MongoDB”
- Communicate complex technical proposals simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Gain a reputation as a trusted advisor with your clients, large and small
- Ensure your client’s success with their MongoDB endeavors
- Maintain the required level of billable utilization
- Influence MongoDB product development by contributing experience from the field
- Successfully communicate the product roadmap to external clients
- Constantly work on improving yourself, our products and our team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
The best bed for better sleep