Design Program Manager, Cloud
MongoDB, Remote North America
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is a modern database platform that helps developers build faster, more reliable applications. We power some of the world’s most innovative products and services out of our offices worldwide, from New York to Sydney, Berlin to Dublin, and just about everywhere in between.
Design Program Managers, part of Design Operations, play a vital role in helping cross-functional teams at MongoDB “Build Together.” Each Design Program Manager will impact how their project teams work, getting shoulder-to-shoulder with Designers and Researchers and partnering with groups across the organization. This is a new role, and you’ll have a chance to help shape Design Program Management for the organization.
We’re searching for a Design Program Manager to be the “mission control” for a team of talented product designers in our Midtown Manhattan office.
- Manage design projects, pipeline, and resourcing for a given portfolio
- Be the cross-functional catalyst representing the design team
- Facilitate design studios, design-focused stakeholder meetings, and internal design team meetings
- Create/manage design Jira tickets to enable transparency and manage workloads
- Serve as the go-to point of contact for design project status and priorities, removing roadblocks, and tracking dependencies
- Elevate the design team’s presence within the Engineering organization
- Help develop process improvements for Design Operations as a whole
- Build trust between design, product, and engineering teams
- Coach the design team to help them deliver, while enabling them to shine
What You’ll Bring
- Experience as a UX Producer, UX Lead, or other strategic design-mindset project/program role (tech industry is a huge plus)
- Ability to speak with confidence about design activities and workflows; knowledge of UX methodologies
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- A coaching mindset; we’re not looking for project managers as much as human-centered design enablers
- Diplomatic negotiation style, with ability to work with all kinds of personalities
- Natural leadership and problem-solving skills
- Keen sense of when to follow a process and when process is getting in the way
- Proactive approach, pride of work, and passion for iterative workflow development
- Experience as part of a remote / distributed team
What Makes Us Great
- We value doing what’s best for each other, for the team, and for the user community
- We encourage open, honest, authentic communication
- We believe that good ideas come from everywhere
- We have a strong feedback culture, asking and providing in the spirit of making everyone better
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.