Product Manager, Developer Productivity
MongoDB, New York City, Remote North America
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
- In this role you will be responsible for leading MongoDB's Evergreen CI/CD product tools and methodologies.
- Drive product strategy, roadmap, adoption, analytics and collaborate with product teams to compile backlog based on user needs, and market data
- Research and study user behavior to improve scalability, productivity, and more frequent developer-valued feature delivery.
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business - to ensure a business outcome aligned with our broader product, customer and company needs.
- Participate in a large coordinated effort across company-wide initiatives for continuous delivery
- Ability to work with the various engineering teams to appropriately map out engineering use cases and requirements
- Collaborate with product design to create a friendly UX which satisfies the use cases
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- Actively maintain a view of how the market and technologies are evolving, and factor user feedback into our product direction.
- Advise senior leadership on identifying long-term opportunities with a particular focus on continuous improvement in developer productivity
- Act as an advocate for users and a subject matter resource for the organization, providing insight on user adoption and effectiveness trends of various initiatives
- Domain knowledge in at least one of the following: CI/CD, distributed systems, analytics, test tools
- 3+ years of experience in product management, software engineering, DevOps, or solution architecture in the enterprise software technology industry
- Experience working with customer personas of developer and DevOps
- Experience and demonstrated success in building and delivering software products
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- B.Sc. in technical discipline, Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience. An advanced graduate degree in relevant domain a plus
Nice to have
- Software development background/experience
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Familiarity with open source software, and cloud technologies
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one