Senior Product Marketing Manager, Cloud Security & Government
MongoDB, Remote North America, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled product marketer who will be a key member of the Cloud Product Marketing team. In the role, you will be responsible for creating compelling thought leadership themes, messages, and GTM programs that position the value of the security and privacy preserving features of our cloud products (MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Realm, and more). You will show how our security and privacy features can help companies comply with existing and emerging regulations, and how they can help companies accelerate their journeys to the cloud. Your work will reassure customers that MongoDB’s cloud products meet their security requirements.
Additionally, you will take on the particular challenges and requirements of government customers. You will be in charge of the messaging and positioning of our cloud products for government entities. You will work closely with product management, our government sales team, and field marketing to articulate and present a compelling product position for government users.
- Define the go-to-market strategy and overall security posture of our cloud products, making it simple for our users to understand that their data is safe and their security/compliance requirements are met
- Create or direct the creation of materials that help customers understand how to meet their own security requirements using our cloud products: reference architectures, implementation guides, detailed product information, etc
- Own and manage the launch of new security features, compliance certifications, security-related integrations, and more
- Work with other cloud product marketing managers to articulate the security components of messaging in their products
- Conduct customer research to understand the pain points, needs, and workflows of our buyers and users
- Plan and execute marketing efforts relevant to cloud security, track their results, and adjust course as needed
- Enable sales teams to address customers’ security requirements: clearly define the security capabilities of our products and the value they provide, deliver internal training and enablement, ensure sales teams understand security well enough to engage with customers, and create customer-facing materials for sales to use
- Define the go-to-market strategy for our cloud products re government customers, showing that our products meet their needs and comply with their security requirements, that we understand the government sector, and that we can satisfy their specific processes for sales and contracting, support, etc
- Own and manage the launch strategy for new government-related products, services, and certifications
- Work closely with other teams – including product management, the office of the CISO, legal and compliance teams, government sales teams, and more – to shape the product vision and roadmap in order to meet the needs of government customers
- Enable sales teams (both dedicated government sales and other account managers who may encounter government-related requirements): provide clear messaging that articulates the value of our products to government customers and how we satisfy their particular requirements, ensure our sales teams to understand our government offerings, train sales teams to ask the right questions in a government sales opportunity, and create customer-facing materials for sales to use
- Along with field marketing managers dedicated to government sectors, plan and execute marketing efforts to reach our government customers
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience (product marketing, product management, solutions marketing, security, government relations, or similar)
- Deep experience in cloud security and how it is relevant in a rapidly evolving market landscape, especially in emerging privacy and infosec regulations, and developer practices, and integrations between systems (e.g., with cloud provider services)
- Experience with marketing and selling cloud products/services to the US federal government, including familiarity with FedRAMP
- Ideally, experience marketing and selling cloud products/services to SLED (state governments, local governments, education sector), government contractors, technology companies that do business with government entities, and other customer segments that may have similar requirements
- The ability to take on complex projects and own them from start to finish, with organization and efficiency
- The ability to clearly articulate the value of a product/service to customers, but also to sales teams in a way that enables them to communicate it to customers
- Experience leading product or feature launches autonomously and contributing to larger launches with a team
- Comfort working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders in complicated processes
- Strong product instincts and technical curiosity that translate to clear packaging, positioning, and messaging
- Have exceptional writing and communication skills (this is a must-have)
- A low ego-to-talent ratio
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.