Program Manager, Analytics
MongoDB, Remote North America
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB succeed in everything we do. As a Program Manager, you’ll sit at the intersection of every business unit and be responsible for delivering critical data to stakeholders across the entire company. This particular role will work with the different analytics teams (product, growth, people, engineering, etc) within the Finance Operations org to build a best-in-class data products delivery program providing return on investment with speed and quality.
The right candidate for this role will be:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business intelligence, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ of program management or project management experience
- 2+ years’ experience of working as a scrum master/product owner, coaching analytics or business intelligence teams to adopt Agile/Scrum best practices
- Experience working with a data lake, data warehouse and business intelligence tools
- Ability to coach teams composed of technical and non-technical members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Certified Scrum Master or similar certification
- Experience with Jira Service Desk & Knowledge Base
- Design and improve the tools and processes that drive our various Analytics pillars
- Act as the glue between Data, Analytics, Marketing and Product to prioritize the team's backlog and plan its release roadmap
- Facilitate communication with other teams, and ensure that roadmaps are aligned
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them when not
- Coach different teams to decompose projects into smaller work items and maintain a clean & prioritized backlog of tasks using JIRA
- Improve transparency of the program by regularly communicating on delivery and next steps
- Trained in with the project tracking software JIRA and able to make it work for teams
- Able to maintain a strategic growth view of our analytics delivery process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday interactions with different teams
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of advanced analytics and data science professionals and their business stakeholders
- Proactive, highly-organized and capable of juggling multiple competing priorities and a passion for crafting meaningful interactions among and between teams
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped on PMO and Data teams’ processes
- In 6 months you’ll have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you’ll have identified areas for process improvement across Technical Operations
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.