MongoDB, New York City, Boston, Washington DC
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services (PS) works with customers of all shapes and sizes, in all verticals, from tier-1 banks to small web startups, on a variety of exciting use cases. This role solves technically sophisticated problems, gains incredible cross-stack experience, works with top notch people in the business, networks with industry leaders, and sees new places - all in a day’s work!
MongoDB PS exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
This role will be based remotely in the Southeast region.
Our ideal candidate will have
- 2+ years of software development/consulting/support experience, preferably in a number of distinct industries/verticals
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Linux diagnostics and tuning; Windows tuning knowledge is a plus
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- High motivation for a role that combines deep technical and customer-management dimensions
- Confidence speaking and presenting in a customer setting
As a core member of the MongoDB PS team, you will
- Contribute to customer implementations at any or all phases of the application lifecycle: portfolio assessment, application planning and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption
- Deliver customer classroom-based training to architect, developer and operations roles
- Work as part of a wider delivery team comprising fellow consulting engineers, project managers and account teams
- Cultivate your individual MongoDB reputation as a trusted advisor to guide MongoDB and our customers into the future
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to influence the direction of the MongoDB product roadmap
- Have the ability to travel up to 70% in normal circumstances and when clients are expressing preference to meet in person again - at this point home office is the default for 100% until September 2021 and any in person interaction is absolutely voluntary
As a Consulting Engineer you will be successful in this role when you can execute the following
- Become a field specialist in “everything MongoDB”
- Communicate sophisticated technical proposals simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ensure your client’s success with their MongoDB endeavors
- Maintain required level of billable utilization
- Influence MongoDB product development by contributing experience from the field
- Communicate the product roadmap to external clients
- Constantly work on improving yourself, our products and our team
This role can be based out of our New York, Boston or Washington DC office or remotely in the Northeast region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.