Senior Product Manager, MongoDB Atlas, Serverless
MongoDB, New York City
MongoDB unleashes the power of software and data for innovators everywhere
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for an outstanding Senior Product Manager to seek a key role working to grow and scale MongoDB Atlas’ serverless database. MongoDB Atlas is a multi-cloud application data platform that offers an integrated suite of cloud database and data services.
The overall serverless architecture market is expected to exceed $20 billion by 2025. MongoDB is excited about the serverless model becoming more popular as a modern application trend. MongoDB Atlas serverless was released in preview in July 2021, allowing customers to harness the power of MongoDB with the ease of our serverless model. We are looking for an individual who can engage with our customers, and take the product to the next level.
This is a rare opportunity to join a team at the centre of engineering, business operations, sales, and marketing for a breakthrough company. The team leads product strategy, product positioning, and pricing for the fastest growing database technology.
- In this highly visible position, drive collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Lead the team to the right product decisions with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects
- Negotiate the product from the current public preview to a successful GA, adjusting as needed to ensure product-market fit and user adoption
- Advocate for our customers with a passion for performance, usability, and security
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing, and technical documentation
- Bring a passion for careful data analysis to inform decisions
- Ability to work with the various field teams, as well as with customers directly to appropriately map out customer use cases and requirements
- 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience with a complex technical product
- Experience and demonstrated success in delivering software products to market, while navigating both strategic vision and tactical requirements/details
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to write, defend, and execute business cases
- Domain knowledge in at least one of the following: cloud technologies, database systems, serverless tools and modern methodologies
- Built and shipped products for developer and DevOps personas
- B.Sc. in a Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience. M.Sc. or Ph.D. in the relevant domain a plus
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
Nice to have
- Experience with successfully scaling a product
- Development background/experience
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
We are remote optional through April 2, 2022 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB was founded in 2007 by Dwight Merriman, Eliot Horowitz and Kevin Ryan – the team behind DoubleClick.
At the Internet advertising company DoubleClick (now owned by Google), the team developed and used many custom data stores to work around the shortcomings of existing databases. The business served 400,000 ads per second, but often struggled with both scalability and agility. Frustrated, the team was inspired to create a database that tackled the challenges it faced at DoubleClick.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, we are close to where you do business. MongoDB has more than 4,300 customers in over 85 countries, including more than half of the global Fortune 100. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 30 million times and there have been more than 730,000 MongoDB University registrations.
Want to learn more about MongoDB? Visit MongoDB's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one